Program Manager, Industrial Projects - REF3993A
Graham Packaging is seeking a Program Manager that will direct, coordinate, and exercise functional authority for designing, planning, organizing, controlling, integrating, and completing engineering solutions and projects in manufacturing facilities. He/she will develop projects with multiple disciplines and works within cross functional teams. This role involves the interaction of multiple engineering disciplines; it is critical for the program manager to apply his/her accumulated technical experiences. This position will allow for remote (at home) work status, but requires that the ideal candidate be located near a major airport in the East or Midwest.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The primary duties of a Program Manager include:
* Lead all phases of the project execution from business award through closeout
* Provide cross functional technical guidance to stakeholders such as capital engineers, process engineers, and product development engineers. Act as a technical "devil's advocate"
* Oversee the flow of communication between team members, customers, and stakeholders
* Maintain detailed, complete, and timely records
* Provide status and progress reports on projects. Ensure stakeholders receive up to date status of projects. Requests resources as required
* Utilize project management tools - Track and maintain project schedules, task lists, resources and work allocation. (Microsoft Project, SAP, budgeting, planning, etc.)
* Manage capital projects via a project management process
* Facilitate pre-planning phase of projects, including scheduling meetings, gathering information from all stakeholders, and recapping and distributing information as necessary
* Develop and maintain documentation for all projects. Avoid scope creep and keep projects focused
* Determine customer contract requirements, code requirements, laws, and other appropriate requirements as pertains to the project
* Accurately estimate, track, communicate, and control project budget. Pursue cost savings in all areas
* Accurately plan, track, coordinate, communicate and comply with project timeline to include identifying critical path and key milestones
* Provide direction and drive project to completion. Coordinate activities and resources. Manage project sub-contractors when necessary
* Provide or assist with preparation of cost justification for projects as required
* Lead discussions and extract critical information from resources to define business requirements, project scope, solution design and options analysis, project planning, resource management, risk and issue management, communications plans, then be able to drive projects through to a successful completion
* Confront situations that need resolution
* Travel up to 75% at times
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Graham Packaging is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any Graham Packaging employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Graham Packaging. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
* BS degree in Engineering (Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Systems, Electrical)
* Project Management Professional (PMP), certified through the Project Management Institute (PMI)
* 8 or more years of Project Management experience.
* Experience in program planning, coordinating geographically dispersed team members, procurement, and installation and start-up of capital equipment projects
* Experience in projects involving manufacturing lines performing industrial processing (metals, fiber, cable, etc.) or product manufacturing (using robotic assembly lines) or component manufacturing (e.g. automotive components, etc.)
* Preferred background designing industrial equipment, as a design or equipment engineer with a field of technical specialty
Core Proficiencies and Skills
The following skills and proficiencies are essential requirements of the position:
* Technical acumen - demonstrated ability to understand technical details and contribute in technical discussions
* Applied project management principles
* Demonstrated experience developing a project scope, budgets and timelines (using MS project or equivalent)
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Proficient with capital equipment project life cycles
* Execution driven attitude with the ability to set clear ambitious goals and achieve them