Senior Real Estate Strategy Analyst
Compensation: $81,050.00 - $122,630.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Real Estate
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Sr. Real Estate Strategy Analyst will report to the Director of Real Estate Strategy. The Sr. Real Estate Real Strategy Analyst will be actively engaged in analytics on the individual store and market level to further help decide where to open successful Harbor Freight stores through time in the field and at corporate while assisting with the new store opening process. The Sr Real Estate Strategy Analyst has a deep understanding of what makes a successful store, how to sustainably grow markets and new store growth strategy through data analysis supplemented with time visiting markets while performing additional project-based analyses as required to facilitate Harbor Freight's growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive analytical support for various initiatives including, but not limited to:
- Demand potential for incremental stores as well as risk inherent in brand's growth strategies for individual targets and at the market level.
- Understanding of the Harbor Freight customer through statistical modeling on demographic, SKU level and financial data.
- Sales forecasting and cannibalization analysis for new sites.
- Pro forma P & L and investment analysis for prospective sites.
- Leverage time spent in the field to better understand risk around particular markets.
- Various special projects and reporting requirements.
- Completing pulse replies and quarterly post audits
- Develop and implement national and international geo-demographic market planning and site evaluation systems and processes.
- Ability to take analytical skills and match them with time in the field via traveling to potential locations once or twice a month.
- Play an instrumental role in the Real Estate Committee process, whether it be preparing all material or presenting to the Real Estate Committee.
- Drive consensus between Directors of Real Estate and Real Estate Strategy on which locations to prioritize for Harbor Freight Tools.
- Identify and apply innovative 'best practices' and industry benchmarking for real estate.
- Lead cross functional adhoc projects ranging from understanding underperforming regions, to how changes in company strategy impact where we open stores to better educating business partners on the impact of opening stores.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Direct experience in real estate strategy / real estate planning or 3+ year experience in consulting, investment banking, or financial analysis; with the majority of that experience in an analytical role.
- Familiarity with retail and/or consumer products experience preferred.
- Considerable experience with Microsoft Office (advanced Excel and intermediate Access and PowerPoint skills) and other financial software / systems. Lawson and TM1 or other relational database experiences a plus.
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills, particularly in strategic business and financial analysis, driven by an intellectual curiosity to understand and explain relationships in data.
- Strong ability to translate data from different sources and distill analyses into clear action plans and insights
- Experience in Market Planning, Site Selection, Market optimization preferred.
- Experience with traveling for work on a frequent basis.
- Experience and comfort working in a fast-paced business environment with ability to consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Self-directed individual able to adapt quickly to changes in priorities and business conditions.
- Team attitude and approach to work.
General office environment requiring ability to:
About Harbor Freight Tools:
- stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
- lift up to 15 lbs
In 1977, when Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business, we made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 40 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less. We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 40 year-old, $4 billion company with over 30 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you.
Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977
Associated topics: analysis, analyze, appraiser, invest, market, marketing, marketing representative, portfolio, real estate analyst, researcher
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...