SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA has been recognized as a Worlds Most AdmiredCompany in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by FortuneMagazine. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates andjointly owns with physicians 130+ surgery centers across the United States. Ourcases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends,or On-call will be required. The size of our surgerycenters naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with ashared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve.We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
Video- ASD RN
A fewof the benefits we provide you:
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment Program
- Full Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision Insurance
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- New Extended Family Leave and PTO
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Discount Program
- Demonstrates necessary practical, technical or specialized knowledge and skills required for the role of the GI nurse in accordance with patient care and regulatory standards of practice.
- Prepares the endoscopy unit adequately and ensures availability of necessary GI equipment and supplies.
- Compiles patient care forms chart to ensure that all required documentation is immediately available (i.e. assessment, consents, H/P, physician orders, etc.).
- Conducts complete patient assessment and evaluation of each patient prior to procedure or treatment. Includes vital signs, history, physical, pain level, and psychological assessment.
- Conducts hemodynamic monitoring as indicated by procedure and policy (vital signs, cardiac monitoring, end tidal monitoring, etc.) from pre-op to discharge.
- Initiates intravenous therapy as indicated, utilizing aseptic technique with appropriate IV catheter and fluid. Ensures that medication is labeled appropriately.
- Assists the physician with interventions as indicated (positioning, preparing specimens, GI tract tattooing, etc.)
- Prepares and administers medications in accordance with current practice (i.e. pre-op antibiotics, identifying high alert medications, preparing/labeling medications on/off field, consistently utilizing the 7 rights before administration, monitoring patient response, narcotic waste, etc.)
- Demonstrates knowledge of administering and monitoring IV conscious sedation medications and recognizes the need for reversal drugs.
- Retrieves tissue for pathology as directed by physician, properly labels, and prepares requisitions for appropriate labs and delivers to appropriate area (i.e. biopsies, CLO test, etc.) and logs specimens, as required.
Weare an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our...
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care unit, infusion, intensive care, nurse clinical, nurse rn, staff nurse, surgery, transitional, unit