Healthcare Partners - DaVita Medical Group
Loading some great jobs for you...
Hospital Services (Acute) Registered Nurse
DaVita is seeking a Registered Nurse who is looking to give life to
patients in an Acute Hospital setting. RNs in this role work
autonomously alongside the hospital staff to assess, troubleshoot, and
make sound decisions for the critically ill patients.
If you haven t considered Nephrology nursing before, read on as we
think that you should. Dialysis Experience is NOT required.
What you can expect:
* 1:1 Patient Care. Deliver acute hemodialysis to in-patients with
chronic kidney disease, as well as patients with acute kidney
injury (AKI) and transplant. Average Patient to Nurse Ratio is 2:1
* Patient education. Whether this is the first or a blip in their
chronic treatment, our RNs are experts in educating our patients
* Specialized, complex care. RNs deliver care to patients who are
often dealing with multiple co-morbidities and/or acute conditions
which require unique treatment plans and the ability to leverage a
broad range of nursing skills and knowledge.
* Not just hemodialysis. Acute RNs may deliver nephrology care
across multiple renal therapies: peritoneal, continuous renal
replacement and apheresis.
* Expect the unexpected. When you walk in the door each day you
don't know what patients you might have, their condition, when you
will get them or when you will be done for the day.
* Autonomy in a Hospital Setting. Deliver dialysis to patients at a
particular hospital or group of hospitals and become an integral
part of their team and ours. As a teammate in an acute setting you
work on your own almost all of the time. Each day you assess,
troubleshoot, and make sound decisions for critical patients. Our
Hospital Services group performs 1.1M treatments annually.
* Schedule. No two days are ever the same for an acute dialysis
nurse - long days and on call are required. Schedules vary by
hospital system. For this role expect to know your weekly schedule
in advance, but your daily schedule may change depending on
patient needs. Must be in commutable distance based on on-call
* The Gold Seal. As an Ambulatory Health Care accredited provider,
DaVita is following and meeting the highest standards of care,
providing care in line with the highest industry standards
according to The Joint Commission. We expect our nurses to commit
to improving patient health through clinical goal setting and
quality improvement initiatives.
What we ll provide:
* In-classroom and hands on training: if you are new to dialysis,
we ll provide a 9-12 week paid training and the support to guide
you through to becoming a nephrology nurse.
* Opportunity for a nursing career for a lifetime. DaVita is
committed to providing robust development and experience for
nurses. Whether you chose to remain in a patient facing/caregiving
role or grow (leadership operations, corporate functions,
integrated care, clinical research), we can guide you on that
* Education assistance and license reimbursement: annual $3,000
tuition reimbursement and potential $25,000 scholarship
opportunity. CNN and CDN certification reimbursement.
* 3000+ locations across the U.S. for wherever life may take you.
* Comprehensive benefits package: including medical, dental, vision,
401k plan, $2,500 cash gift for new parents, back-up child and
elder care and so much more
Some details about this position:
* Typical schedule is 3 days per week between Monday - Saturday
* Your 9-10 weeks of training will include a combination of
classroom and hands-on learning, through DaVita s award-winning
* Training may take place in a facility or a training clinic with a
class of new teammates other than your assigned home clinic
* Hours of work may vary during the training period; however, you
will typically be working between 32-40 hours per week during
* You must be flexible on the final home clinic placement it may be
in a different location; there is also the potential to float to
various clinics during and after your training
* You must have a flexible schedule and be able to work mornings,
evenings, weekends, and holiday
You Must Have (aka. Requirements):
* Current and valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state where
* Willingness to work a flexible schedule with mandatory overtime
required due to the nature of the acute treatment you are
* Work long days without notice
* Ability to travel to multiple hospitals within a given area (Be
sure to ask your recruiter about the commute range for this
* Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound
recommendations in stressful situations
* Physical Requirement: nurses often have to push/pull large
hemodialysis machines around the hospital with little or no
* Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of
nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N);
three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be
substituted for nursing degree
* Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
You might also have (a.k.a. preferred, not required):
* Hemodialysis nursing experience in an acute or chronic setting
* Medical/surgical (Med/Surg), Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical
Care Unit (CCU), and/or Emergency Room (ER) experience
* Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN), Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN)
and/or Certified Hemodialysis Nurse (CHN)
Nurses: if this isn t the job for you, perhaps you have a friend who
would be a perfect fit. Send them this link.
Questions? Email us at ****************** or send us a message on our
DaVita Careers Facebook page.