Director of Software Quality
Compensation: $137,140.00 - $202,320.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
What's the role?
Lead software quality transformation with Agile Transformation & in alignment with Agile WoW, architectural complexity, requirements analysis, defects planning, testing & prevention. Directly responsible to support HERE Software Quality competencies as a Location Platform company serving multiple industries, use cases and developer ecosystem. Development of SW Quality Strategy and Leadership of software quality improvement initiatives and supporting teams. Indirectly responsible for external communication and messaging of HERE software quality performance to customers. Supports defining software quality maturity capabilities & standards and advances HERE software capability via SW Center of Excellence considering current state & maturity, improvement plans, SW metrics analysis, etc. while considering benchmarks capabilities. Key member of the HERE Quality Leadership team.MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop SW Quality Strategy in conjunction with Agile Transformation, Development, HAD Software, Applications SW and POIT Development software stakeholders (responsible for HERE Software Development)
- Establish SW Maturity model in alignment with Agile Transformation
- Create Center of SW Quality Center of Excellence
- Create and monitor software quality assurance programs across HERE to ensure high-levels of software and continuous improvement within our Software Development teams
- Work directly with business/functional teams responsible for managing all Software Quality Assurance (QA) activities and deliverables assuring a high degree of thoroughness and quality
- Establish key process indicators (KPIs) to monitor, measure, and report on software quality and delivery performance levels. Provide KPI analysis and utilize for continuous improvement
- Collaborate across Quality teams and business/functions to ensure delivery against Quality and Engineering objectives, such as meeting commitments and coordinating overall software quality assurance requirements
- Identify high risk program factors, conduct risk analysis and provide mitigation plans
- Play an active and influential role from a quality perspective in HERE adoption and utilization of key methodologies i.e. Agile, A-SPICE, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), and industry best practices (e.g. SW FMEAs, Defect Prediction Models, etc.)
- Ensure software meets customer requirements and work with development & Customer teams on messaging for HERE software quality to share both internally and externally
- Influences all HERE Functions responsible for software development
- May have direct reports of 3-6 SW Quality Engineers
High impact across HERE software devlopment and quality. Ability to influence and deliver results that directly correlate to the business financial and customer satisfaction goals that could impact immediate and future growth opportunities. Direct impact to internal and external cost of non-conformance or cost of quality including immediate opportunity costs. In addition, impact to intangibles associated with HERE quality culture (awareness, accountability and competence).
Who are you?
- Bachelor's degree in software / electrical engineering or computer science required. Master s degree preferred
- 12-15 years of experience in a quality or related discipline, with experience leading teams
- Strong SW Development Life Cycle (SDLC) background and experience, minimum of two years, in software development environment, familiarity and experience with Agile development methodologies, including SCRUM, KANBAN and XP practices, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Industry experience with platform software, services, applications and developers highly desired
- Should have at least 2 years of experience developing and implementing QA strategies in a development environment, driving QA process adjustments through continuous improvement initiatives.
- Familiarity with Quality Management Systems (QMS) along with working knowledge and application of the following standards: Automotive SPICE or CMMI, ISO 9001, and tools: Six Sigma, Lean, FMEA, And 8D
- Practical knowledge in the development, evaluation and application of software quality Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Critical Success Factors (CSFs)
- Proven ability to design and assist in the timely delivery of high-quality software
- Should provide ongoing visibility of progress toward established goals through the collection, organization and analysis of project data.
- Proven organizational and cultural change management experience.
- Should have demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Results-oriented with a passion for quality, service and customer satisfaction.
- Excellent Communicator with proven leadership skills and ability to influence at all levels team building, collaborating, presentation skills, strategic and innovative thinker, and self-starter with a high energy level.
- Intermediate to Advanced office tools (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, Project. Etc.)
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Who are we?
Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders? You might be using HERE Technologies every single day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world. Find out more by clicking the video below or going HERE.
Associated topics: automation, process, prevention, qa, quality assurance analyst, quality assurance lead, software quality, software quality engineer, software quality assurance engineer, test
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...