Office Administrator - Avon, CT
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
50 Tower Lane, Avon CT 06001
We are looking for an experienced Office Administrator. This person must leverage a broad range of skills, with a high degree of professionalism and discretion. The ideal candidate should demonstrate high energy and be able to work in an ever changing, fast paced environment. This person must be detail oriented and have strong organizational skills to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously. The ideal candidate must have a positive and can-do attitude, be able to interact with all level of employees across the organization which includes senior leaders, be flexible, motivated and interested in becoming a valuable member of the team.
This Position is in-house and remote candidates will not be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the president's calendar; including personal and day-to-day activities
- Act as the 'gate keeper' for senior leadership by answering phone calls, coordinating schedules and keeping them well informed of upcoming deadlines and responsibilities
- Schedule, book and coordinate travel plans for members of the organization and on occasion guests.
- Coordinate monthly expense reports and reimbursements for members of the organization
- Collaborate with other administrative staff members and provide back-up coverage
- Schedule meetings as requested by members senior level members of the organization.
- Support Q & A sessions during Company all hands and program planning meeting
- Communicate Company events and meetings to the organization
- Plan and coordinate Company offsite events (i.e. holiday parties, training seminars)
- Proof and organize legal documents
- Administer various online subscription accounts, and managed ordering office supplies
- Support Finance department with inventory management related tasks
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of administrative support experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Mac proficiency a plus
- Experience with expense reporting and high-volume calendar management
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptionally organized with an attention to detail
- The ability to shift focus and priorities when necessary, under pressure and with deadlines
- Ability to work well with all levels of management, staff, outside clients and vendors
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic and interested in working in a fast-paced organization
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Attention To Detail
Loading some great jobs for you...