Employment Type: Full-Time
Test Engineer - Avon, CT
Date: Oct 28, 2019
Location: Avon, CT, US, 06001-3689
Company: Hubbell Incorporated
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an
international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power
solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the
world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to
serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery
during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents
awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to
control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains
unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions,
we provide more than half a million products delivered through our
various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually
innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new
ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the
communities that support us.
iDevices is a preeminent manufacturer of smart home solutions and a
proud member of the Hubbell Incorporated family of brands. As partners
in innovation, iDevices has combined its IoT and smart home expertise
with Hubbell's experience in manufacturing and distribution across
residential, industrial and commercial markets to drive the next phase
of the smart home evolution. iDevices manufactures connected power,
lighting, and climate control solutions for homeowners, professional
installers and builders. These sophisticated solutions seamlessly
connect people with their homes and enhance everyday life.
Located in scenic Avon, CT, iDevices has created a truly unique work
environment. Best described as "the Silicon Valley in the Farmington
Valley, " our mission is to build a world class brand by empowering a
talented and agile team that is passionate about creating innovative
products and delivering value for our customers and partners.
If you thrive at the intersection of technology and creativity, then
we want you to join our evolution!
50 Tower Lane
Avon, CT 06001
There s an evolution happening in Avon, CT. iDevices, a preeminent
brand in the smart home industry, is building The Silicon Valley in
the Farmington Valley . With a comprehensive product line of both
plug-and-play and in-wall solutions, iDevices manufactures connected
power, lighting, and climate control solutions for homeowners,
professional installers, and builders alike. iDevices seamlessly
connects people to their worlds with sophisticated technology that
enhances everyday life. If you thrive at the intersection of
Technology and Creativity then we want you to join our evolution!
We are seeking a Test Automation Engineer to work with our software
development teams. This role is responsible for working with the teams
to create and execute comprehensive automated test plans and test
cases, build and maintain the automation framework, create custom
tools to support test interfaces and virtual components, and conduct
manual testing with an eye toward increasing automation.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Key contributor of an engineering team whose primary goals are to
improve software quality through testing and to improve and
automate testability of apps, services, and embedded software
* Develop and execute test plans and test cases with a strong
emphasis on using code to shorten the test cycle through
* Define, implement, and contribute to the future vision of the
automation process and frameworks
* Estimate test efforts, analyze and communicate test results, and
participate in day to day development activities
* Create specialized test tools to meet specific project needs
* Work with the development teams to design and implement test and
* Analyze and report on test and defect metrics
* Contribute to the build and maintenance of a continuous
integration (CI) environment and ongoing process improvement
* Engage in continuous learning activities and stay up on current
trends within software development and testing
Skills and Experience
* 2+ years experience in software testing and automated testing
* Bachelor s Degree in computer science, engineering, information
systems, or related technology field, or equivalent work
* Knowledge of object-oriented programming along with requisite
coding and debugging skills
* Demonstrated ability to translate functional requirements and use
cases into working test plans and test cases.
* Experience with test frameworks and BDD tools (e.g.
RobotFramework, Cucumber, Appium)
* Experience with issue tracking and reporting systems (e.g.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Proficiency with Python, C/C++, and shell scripting
* Experience performing software testing within an Agile software
* Prior work experience in embedded software, iOS/Android apps,
and/or backend development
* Experience with Linux system configuration and use
* Experience with development for the Raspberry Pi platform.
* Experience with integrating tests into continuous
integration/delivery systems (e.g. Jenkins)
* Knowledge of Bluetooth and/or Wi-Fi communications protocols
* Knowledge and understanding of network protocols, including TCP
* Knowledge and understanding of networking security concepts
This is a full-time, on-site position in Avon, CT.
Education Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Other Technology
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO
Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Job Segment: Information Systems, Embedded, Computer Science, Testing,
Loading some great jobs for you...