Embedded Software Intern (Summer Avon, CT
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
50 Tower Lane
Avon, CT 06001
The Hubbell Summer Internship Program is a 10- to 12-week program providing students the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Hubbell.
The Engineering Intern position offers a variety of opportunities including basic engineering tasks related to design, analysis, test, integration and systems engineering. Opportunities can vary from working in Application Tooling, Utility, Lean Manufacturing, Research & Development lab, New Product Development, continuous improvement or more.
Engineering Interns will typically support one or more experienced engineers in performance of assignments, spend time shadowing actual operations, and have unique assignments that support larger projects as well as the day-to-day operations of the engineering department. Interns may perform and/or participate in additional activities/events which will help them build a strong network within the Hubbell community.
Benefits of a Hubbell Internship
* Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
* Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
* Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
* Develop technical skills specific to your major
* Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
* End of summer presentation to the local management team
Duties and Responsibilities
Roles and Responsibilities will vary by Hubbell business location, but may include the following:
* Gained knowledge of the industry as it pertains to the Hubbell business location
* Experience in planning and organizational skills
* Engineering research and technical assistance to engineers
* Review current engineering program activities to make recommendations for changes/improvement opportunities
* Perform tests to assure quality control
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Detailed roles and responsibilities will be outlined dependent on business Group, location and the project outlined
Expectations: The intern will be expected to work full-time at 40 hours/week and will be compensated on an hourly basis.
Skills and Experience
Student must meet the following:
* Actively enrolled in an accredited university working towards a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering (e.g. Software, Computer, or Computer Science)
* Possess a minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
* Rising sophomore / junior / senior / graduate student for this position
* Strong computer skills with preferred experience using Software development tools (GCC, GDB, Eclipse, etc.)
* Knowledge of preferred programming languages: C/C++ and Python
* Development experience with version control systems (e.g. Git, SVN)
* Familiarity with Object Oriented Design
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
* Knowledge of Agile development mythology
* Development experience with Raspberry Pi or Arduino boards
* Familiarity with Linux and the Linux shell
Additionally, the ideal student will also possess these highly desired attributes:
* Excellent communication skills
* Adept at time management
* Adaptability to assigned tasks
* Critical thinking skills
* Interpersonal skills
* Collaborative with others
* Skilled at research and analysisTakes Initiative
* Technically Proficient
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Job Segment: Developer, Embedded, Informatics, Computer Science, Linux, Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...