Scrum Master Avon, CT
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
There's an evolution happening in Avon, CT. iDevices, a preeminent brand in the smart home industry, is building 'The Silicon Valley in the Farmington Valley'. With a comprehensive product line of both plug-and-play and in-wall solutions, iDevices manufactures connected power, lighting, and climate control solutions for homeowners, professional installers, and builders alike. iDevices seamlessly connects people to their worlds with sophisticated technology that enhances everyday life. If you thrive at the intersection of Technology and Creativity - then we want you to join our evolution!
50 Tower Lane
Avon, CT 06001
We are seeking a Scrum Master to work within our development teams. This role is responsible for working with teams to follow a Scrum process within the context of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). This role will serve as facilitator and coach to support one or two Agile teams in meeting their delivery goals and coordinating with other Agile teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Exhibit Lean-Agile leadership, helping teams to embrace Lean-Agile values and principles and implement Scrum and SAFe practices.
* Facilitate the teams' progress toward team goals by keeping the team focused and removing impediments for the team.
* Lead team efforts in relentless improvement.
* Support the team's Product Owner in managing the backlog and guiding the team with respect to priorities and scope.
* Promote high quality practices within the teams and foster a culture of technical discipline and craftsmanship.
* Facilitate team events, including the daily stand-up, iteration planning, iteration review, and iteration retrospective.
* Build high-performing teams through focus on team dynamics and performance.
* Help manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth.
* Help track team risks and dependencies
* Coordinate with other teams as a representative in Scrum of Scrums and other program-level activities.
* Assist in facilities preparation and readiness for program-level events.
Skills and Experience
* 4+ years experience working with Agile software development teams
* 2+ years experience as a Scrum Master
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, information systems, or related technology field, or equivalent work experience
* Existing certification as a Scrum Master from an accepted certification body (e.g. CSM, PSM, SSM)
* Thorough understanding of Lean-Agile values, principles, and practices.
* Proficient with Agile methods such as story sizing, backlog management, story mapping, etc.
* Experience with Agile Lifecycle Management tools such as JIRA, CA Agile (Rally), VersionOne, or AgileCraft
* Experience with continuous integration and release management
* Excellent communication skills
* 2+ years of product development experience, preferably using Agile methodologies
* Advanced certification as a Scrum Master from an accepted certification body (e.g. A-CSM, CSP-SM, PSM II/III, SASM)
* Experience working within the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
* Experience with Extreme Programming and Kanban
* Experience with complex systems development, including hardware/firmware
* Experience coaching teams that are new to Agile
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Job Segment: Information Systems, Firmware, Computer Science, Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...