Medical Science Liaison- Mid-South (LA, MS, AR (Arnold)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field-based representative of the Medical and Scientific Affairs Organization. The MSL is responsible for being a liaison to the medical and scientific community on behalf of Immunomedics. This includes identification and relationship building of Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and providing for meaningful scientific exchanges at national, regional and local levels in both academic and clinical practice settings. The MSL plays a critical role in introducing and managing Client s presence in the oncology (breast cancer) space in the US initially in a prelaunch setting.
- Develops and executes strategic plans within their region to meet company-defined goals within corporate and regulatory guidelines.
- Identifies KOLs and builds fostering mutually productive relationships and partnerships in the areas of medical education and clinical/scientific research. Builds, updates, and maintains KOL database.
- Helps shape a new treatment paradigm through scientific exchange with KOLs.
- Responds to unsolicited scientific and medical information requests.
- Attends relevant scientific congresses and symposia.
- Maintains clinical and technical expertise in specific therapeutic areas.
- Delivers high quality scientific presentations on science and data to physicians and other key external customers.
- Collaborates with Patient Advocacy to develop and present relevant Client data to varied audiences, including medical professionals, payers, patients, and representatives of patient organizations.
- Identifies and recommends speakers and supports advisory board meetings and speaker training initiatives.
- Maintains cross-functional collaboration with internal teams: Business Planning, Patient Advocacy, Clinical, Regulatory, Legal, etc.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of medical education strategies and initiatives, publication planning, development of medical education material, internal training, etc.
- Performs and completes administrative responsibilities and internal projects timely, activity reports, KOL contact documentation, expense reports, etc.
- Provides specific and time sensitive feedback to core team on program successes, challenges and opportunities.
- Maintains all metrics required by program.
- Follows up appropriately to continue to assess and meet needs for training.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of Client product(s) and program and the required technical expertise.
- Effectively and timely communicates with manager and matrix team members.
- Creates and maintains a positive impression with client and client s customers.
- Fully complies with all laws, regulations and Publicis Health Policies, Code of Conduct, all privacy and data guidelines, relevant state and federal laws and regulations.
- Must be able to drive to and around customer offices within the assigned territory and hold a valid driver s license.
- Must be able to travel for work-related meetings and functions (including overnight and/or weekend).
- Performs special projects and assignments as directed by the manager.
- MD, Pharm D, PhD, NP, PA, DO with current License in good standing not currently nor has been debarred or excluded from a federal or health program.
- 5+ years clinical experience post degree.
- 2+ years pharmaceutical experience.
- Preferred education and or experience in breast cancer or oncology.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with Client s team in a matrixed environment.
- Ability to effectively engage with KOLs.
- Clear, articulate and grammatically sound speech and professional demeanor.
- Strong focus on providing customers with superior support and service.
- Strong rapport building skills and active listening skills.
- Excellent persuasion and presentation skills.
- Ability to display high-levels of initiative, effort and commitment to successfully complete projects and assignments.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate complex technical/medical terminology and to maintain the required technical expertise including competitive product knowledge.
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined.
- Good organizational and planning skills, strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to deal with people at all levels inside and outside of the company.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and working proficiency with using iPad and basic applications in Microsoft office suite.
- Must be able to successfully complete client training and meet training expectations in order to proceed to servicing client s customers within the parameters of the program.
Associated topics: ancmg, breast, hematology, lah, oncology, palliative, physician md, physician md do, radiation, thedacare
Loading some great jobs for you...