Distributed System Technical Architect - New York
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Infogix is looking for a full-time Distributed System Technical Architect to join our Professional Services Team. This position is located at a client site in New York City. Local candidates only please. Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Provides remote and onsite billable services to customers, including:
- Installation and configuration of Company products.
- Configuration of Company products to work with other distributed environment components (e.g., databases, application servers, schedulers, ticketing systems).
- Configuration of security profiles and parameters for Company products within the customer environments.
- Ensures appropriate connectivity and configuration to email server system.
- Helps to identify existing and potential performance problems.
- Executes quality assurance related activities to ensure high-quality deliverables
- Produces required delivery documentation.
- Additional responsibilities may include benchmarking, capacity planning, performance measurement, analysis, and troubleshooting.
Provides second-level customer support for infrastructure questions, including:
- Displays professionalism in all interactions, including both internal and external business meetings
- Conduct scheduled reviews for consistency and standards on issues logged into PeopleSoft
- Address and/or manage resolution for infrastructure issues open > 24 hours
- Liaise with Level 2 and Level 3 Product Development/ Client Executives for clarification/status of unresolved issues
- Serve as a mentor to customer support specialists.
- Provides product installation support to the rest of the organizations
- Understands the Company product portfolio and continues to develop skills, including:
- Expand ability to support additional products and/or aspects of currently known products.
- Proactively study relevant new and emerging technologies resulting in enhanced skills and knowledge.
- Assist in recruiting and training of professional services team members.
- Assist and mentor Company team members on products, platforms, and technologies.
- Conduct internal training/ one-on-one mentoring to customer support specialists.
- Provides product enhancement suggestions.
- Receives and appropriately forwards customer provided product enhancements.
- Administers and maintains problem enhancement databases, version and patch release records, call tracking records.
- Re-creates problems for development teams as needed.
- Assists with quality assurance of logged problems upon release of fix.
- Contributes to QA efforts of new and patch releases and assists in general release turnover meetings and activities.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Master s degree in Information Systems or computer science or related field of study is required. If degree is unrelated, candidate must have commensurate additional related work experience.
- Must have 7+ years of IBM WebSphere administration experience (including ability to use Websphere Application server, Websphere Enterprise Service, and Websphere MQ.)
- Must have experience deploying and maintaining huge production environments (e.g. more than 500 production applications)
- Must have web server experience including use of servers like SunOne, IBM IHS and JBoss (Sun Solaris, AIX and Linux.) LDAP-based technology is a plus.
- Must have solid understanding of the J2EE programming concepts
- Application Servers: IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.1/6.0/6.1, IBM WebSphere XD 5.1/6.0/6.1, WebSphere MQ 5.3/6.0
- WebServers: IBM HTTP Server 1.3.28/184.108.40.206/2.0.42/2.0.47/6.0, SunOne webservers 6.x
- Operating Systems: IBM AIX 4.5/5.1/5.2, Solaris 8/9/10, LINUX (REDHAT), Unix, Windows XP/98/95
- Databases: Oracle 10g,11g, DB2/UDB 7.2/8.0, SQL Server 7.0/2000/2005, MS-Access 2000
- Java/J2EE Technologies: Servlets, JSP, JSTL, EJB, JNDI, JDBC and Struts Framework
- Development Tools: IBM WSAD 4.5/5.x, RAD
- Web Technologies: HTML, Java Script, DHTML, XML
Join our winning team and unique, team-spirited company culture. We offer numerous benefits for your contributions and teamwork. These include:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Plan for healthcare and childcare
- Fifteen personal days the first year of employment
- Eight paid holidays and up to two floating holidays per year
- A 401(k) with excellent company match
- Company-provided life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Company-provided short- and long-term disability insurance
- Training and certification opportunities
For additional product information and company overview, please visit our websites at www.infogix.com
Infogix, Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Associated topics: automation, process, prevent, qa, quality, quality assurance, software quality, software quality engineer, software quality assurance engineer, tester
Loading some great jobs for you...