Senior Scientist, Cancer Biomarkers
Compensation: $96,900.00 - $143,000.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Physician
InVitro Cell Research is dedicated to solving some of the most difficult problems in aging and age-related disease, including cancer early detection and prevention. Our goals are to develop technologies to detect cancers at their earliest possible stages and prevent them.
We''re currently hiring exceptionally talented scientists with expertise in cancer biomarkers to join our Cancer Team. By leveraging cutting-edge technology and machine learning techniques, we''re striving to combine multiple biomarkers of different modalities to detect multiple cancers at their earliest stages. Ideal candidates will have a strong background in translational cancer biomarker research and a determination to make a positive impact in helping to stop cancers of all types.
We''re not a large company, but we are growing. We provide our scientists with the state-of-the-art resources they need to leverage their time and skills most effectively, empowering small teams of scientists to accomplish what would otherwise require much larger teams.
Want to join us?
As part of our Cancer Team, you will get to:
- Contribute highly practical and readily translatable cancer biomarker ideas for screening/early detection and prevention
- Integrate cutting-edge cancer biomarker and early detection technology into the ICR diagnostic workflow
- Quantify and track cancer biomarkers, including CTCs, cell-free tumor DNA, miRNA, blood proteins, exosomes, metabolites, etc
- Become an expert in Vortex VTX-1, DEPArray, qPCR, Luminex, ddPCR, Illumina NextSeq 550, clinical chemistry with Randox analyzers, among other technologies
- Collaborate with the ICR Biomarkers and Molecular Diagnostics Group to perform cancer early detection screening assays
We''d love to hear from you if you have:
- A PhD, MD, or MD/PhD with at least 5 years post-graduate experience in cancer biomarkers research
- A Master''s degree (in a biomedical sciences field) with at least 10 years post-graduate experience in cancer-related research
- An up-to-date and in-depth knowledge of cancer: screening, early detection, biomarkers, genetics, prevention, and therapeutics (practical and experimental)
It would be ideal if you also have:
- Knowledge and understanding of the world-wide cancer biomarker development landscape
- General and working knowledge of aging biology, adult stem cells, regenerative and personalized medicine
- Experience with cell-based assays, immunofluorescent microscopy, qPCR, flow cytometry, single-cell genomics, RNAseq, cell culture
- A solid background in biostatistics
And you definitely need to:
- Have excellent English-language communications skills
- Be able to work in the United States without sponsorship
Associated topics: bio, biology, biomedical, bioprocess, fermentation, hereditary, molecular, neuro, parenteral, therapeutic
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...