Office Administration Generalist - New York
Compensation: $69,020.00 - $105,470.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the Position
Jane Street s key to success is its employees; we work hard to create and maintain an amazing office environment whereby our employees feel happy and have the tools needed to do a great job. The Office Administration team is one of the biggest driving forces behind this mammoth task. The exceptional catering and hospitality they deliver are critical components of our culture.
The Office Admin team manages a complex, high quality breakfast and lunch delivery program, and works with external vendors to make sure inventory is delivered on time. They also manage the office operations: greet guests, maintain the cleanliness of our physical environment, and execute special events.
Below are some specific responsibilities, however, you should anticipate stretch projects and additional tasks to develop over time.
- Assist with ordering regular food deliveries and distribution of lunches to employees.
- Contribute to the expansion of our lunchtime desktop delivery program and participating restaurants network.
- Perform regular walk-throughs of each floor and assist in maintaining cleanliness of the office, including reception area, pantries, conference rooms, gym, common areas and storage areas.
- Mail room management - Receive, sort, log and distribute incoming mail/ packages.
- General administrative tasks as requests by the admin team.
- Assist with the set-up of conference rooms for meetings, including set up for teach-ins, events.
- Provide reception desk cover, welcome visitors and guests and direct appropriately.
- Ensure kitchen exceeds basic hygiene standards and seek continuous improvement.
- Experience working with third party food service partners.
- Previous reception or administration experience preferably in a corporate or event/hospitality environment.
- Proactive and able to self-generate work.
- Ability to be creative around problem solving.
- Great customer service orientation with an innate desire to be of assistance.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability and desire to follow through on all outstanding issues.
- Comfortable working in a flat corporate environment.
- Reliable, courteous, flexible with proven ability to operate as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional computer skills (G Suite, Word and Excel).
- Ability to perform occasional heavy lifting.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule that may include early mornings and evening hours.
by Jobble* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...