Cloud Data Architect
Compensation: $94,330.00 - $148,460.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Kforce is working with a growing technology firm (a startup within a larger organization), and they are searching for a Cloud Data Architect in New York, NY. A group of tech-forward experts ready to create real change in our industry. They believe there's a better way to do commercial insurance a way that starts with a clean slate, free from inefficiency and outdated technology.
They're building a state-of-the-art, tech-enabled platform that delivers faster underwriting and claims services, giving brokers and companies more time to focus on what's important - building their businesses. If you're ready to join the revolution and want to work obsessively with us to make insurance better, faster, and more efficient, then apply to join us!
* Architect / design a cloud native modern data eco-system that will be the single source of truth for all enterprise raw and transformed data
* Work hand-in-hand with our business stakeholders and deliver internal and external-facing data experience that will support digital strategy
* Design and build user friendly capabilities for batch / real-time data ingestion, data transformation, analytics and visualization for structured and unstructured data
* Develop a world-class scalable eco-system that will ensure data security, discoverability and resiliency
* Use state-of-the-art tools and technologies to enable full cloud optimization, seamless elasticity and end-to-end automation
* Help to foster the technology savvy culture across our business through being a tech evangelist and encouraging forward-thinking development
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Have strong knowledge of architecting end-to-end data pipelines and data processing systems using cloud native technologies are an expert in gathering requirements from business users / stakeholders and effectively translating them into a data eco-system design that supports frictionless data flow and analytics across various systems and teams are comfortable in evaluating multiple options
* Able to determine the best cloud technology choices for data ingestion, storage, governance, processing and visualization have a strong expertise in building scalable software systems using the best breed of cloud automation and programming tools
* Strong hands on experience working with Python, Java, Scala or similar object-oriented programming languages, and in using software automation / CICD tools
* An expert in working with AWS native technologies and in building massively scalable data systems on AWS
* Strong hands on experience in data transformation using one or more modern ETL tools
* Extensive experience working in data governance, security, lineage and resiliency
* Extensive hands on experience in designing and building end-to-end data processing systems using the best breed of database and data warehousing technologies
* An expert in working with cutting edge big data technologies for data ingestion, storage, analytics and visualization
As a member of the of the team you will enjoy the thrill of turning the world of insurance on its head as well as:
* A very competitive salary
* 401(k) employee matching program
* Excellent medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage
* Unlimited vacation days
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- provided by Dice
Associated topics: data analyst, data center, data engineer, data quality, data warehouse, database, database administrator, etl, hbase, mongo database administrator
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...