Data Infrastructure Engineer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
About the Team
The Infrastructure Team at Komodo Health is a group of engineers, hackers, and builders whose mission is to accelerate our engineering teams by providing automated, reliable, scalable, observable, and secure infrastructure and services. Whether it s ingesting data, developing new ML models, or running ad-hoc analytics - we want them to do so quickly, efficiently, and with high confidence in our infrastructure.
About Komodo Health
Komodo Health is building the most advanced platform for healthcare intelligence. We provide data-driven tools that empower leaders to improve healthcare and address the global burden of disease.
As a fast-growing startup that has already partnered with multiple Fortune 500 companies, we have very ambitious goals that have been designed with career development in mind. As a company, we value our culture of encouraging growth, collaboration, and constructive debate as well as delivering innovative solutions that wow our customers.
About the Role
We re seeking a senior, hands-on, and highly motivated Data Infrastructure Engineer to help us scale our big data systems that process, analyze, and make sense of the vast and growing amounts of healthcare data we draw insights from.
Open source technologies like Spark, Kubernetes, Airflow, and Hadoop underpin our data infrastructure. In this role, you ll dive deep into Kubernetes and Spark, identify opportunities we can improve it, and deliver on projects that will help us run our systems optimally.
- Architect and optimize our Kubernetes and Spark infrastructure to ensure it s scalable and efficient
- Work deeply with AWS compute, storage, and analytics services
- Build and maintain Docker images used by our Kubernetes and Spark clusters
- Evaluate different cluster managers such as YARN, Mesos, and Kubernetes
- Collaborate with our data scientists and data engineers to understand their use cases, needs, and pain points and translate that into infrastructure that accelerates them
- Select the key tools and systems that will be used to build out the infrastructure
- Setup monitoring, logging, and alerting on our big data systems
- Respond to and troubleshoot issues and incidents with Kubernetes and Spark
- Automate infrastructure with languages and tools such as Helm, Terraform, Packer, CloudFormation, Python, and Bash
- Willingness to participate in on-call rotations
- You possess a sense of curiosity and the ability to think thoroughly about problems and develop robust solutions.
- You re passionate about about big data technologies and architecting scalable infrastructure.
- You re able to communicate effectively, work cross-functionally and provide technical leadership
- You have a demonstrated track record of success and engineering excellence
- You possess a strong DevOps and partnership mindset
- You re humble, respectful, and appreciate the diversity within our Engineering organization
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Deep understanding of big data systems and architecture
- 4+ years of experience with big data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Airflow
- 2+ years of Docker, Kubernetes, and container management
- You have a strong background in operating systems, distributed systems, large scale software engineering
- You have experience building large scale, low-latency distributed systems using open source tools
- You have experience working with cloud infrastructure, especially AWS
- You have experience with deploying Spark at scale
- You have excellent programming skills in Python, C++, or other programming languages
- You have experience working in a regulated environment especially HIPAA and healthcare data
- You have experience building machine learning production systems at scale
- You have experience with Elastic Map Reduce and AWS Glue
- AWS certifications
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonuses
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K Plan
- Wellness Stipend
- Your choice of equipment
- Comprehensive Vision, Medical, and Dental insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Community involvement through our philanthropy group, Komodo Cares
- Awesome office locations in San Francisco (SoMa) or New York City (Flatiron)
- The opportunity to help scale a team and company and work with smart people
Associated topics: equipment, information architect, infrastructure architect, ip, network, principal systems engineer, senior system engineer, server, system architect, systems integration architect
Loading some great jobs for you...