Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
LaForce is currently seeking anAccount Director. In this position you will be responsible for effectively managing multiple sizable accounts and account teams, including financials, and will serve as key client contact. An established leader viewed as a seasoned professional; respected by senior clients, with a proven track record that demonstrates team growth by leading, maintaining and winning new business.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Demonstrates writing excellence when crafting internal and external materials and correspondence
- Responsible for identifying strategic media relationships and ensures overall media strategy is aligned with client/ brand goals
- Develops new and creative media strategies
- Guides account support to ensure successful implementation of media strategies
- Accountable for all programs, strategic direction and projects managed
- Monitors programming to ensure that deadlines and quality standards are met
- Manages, mentors and develops staff
- Provides clear, concise direction and feedback that garners buy-in from team members
- Responsible for the review process of direct reports
- Sets account priorities and communicates them accurately and efficiently to team members
- Commits to continuous learning and improvement of leadership skills; sets and pursues goals
Business Management /Development
- Develops and grows senior-level client relationships
- Introduces clients to new capabilities, initiates new business process and exhibits an overall enthusiasm for team growth
- Develops new business plans and demonstrates clear understanding of strategy as it pertains to each brand/ client, without direction
- Demonstrates strong presentation skills and ability to influence decision-makers
- Defines scope-of-work and sets client expectations
- Establishes metrics for determining success and evaluates programs with team and client
- Provides counsel to clients and sets strategy and direction of work
- Has a thorough understanding of client’s business and competitive environments
- Demonstrates the ability to successfully navigate communication across a diverse client roster including tailoring tone, delivery, evaluating approach, etc. when necessary
- Identifies client problems and creative challenges and sees them through without guidance
Financial / Budget Accountability
- Contributes to and/or oversees team revenue; ensures that accounts are managed for agency profitability
- Analyzes and oversees budgets across team portfolio, where applicable
Skills, Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Bachelors degree with 8 plus years of agency experience
- Superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Ability to manage, motivate and lead team efforts
- In-depth analytical skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Innovative thinker - ability to develop creative solutions and new programs
- Evaluate creative ideas from clients and staff
- Exhibits broad understanding of digital and social marketing, leading trends and changes and current landscape
- Proven ability to consistently make sound judgments and effectively motivate and manage team members
- Sets the direction and leads strategic client programs
- Works with leadership on anticipating needs and aligning current and new team members
- Ability to independently get annual programs “off the ground,” set priorities, and ensure team meets client expectations and program goals
With offices in New York, LA and Atlanta, LaForce is an independent marketing communications agency representing top brands in fashion and retail, consumer packaged goods, wines and spirits, travel and hospitality, design, luxury, consumer technology and beauty/ wellness. We offer services in public relations, digital, social media, influencer marketing, and brand partnerships.
Founded by James LaForce in 1996, the team of 85 experienced and creative professionals have developed and executed a wide range of programs for the world’s top brands. Our uniquely collaborative culture and ever-evolving mix of services, provides our client partners with innovative, business-driving campaign strategies.
We’ll consider all new ideas, welcome left-field thinking, and always hope to be surprised. Constantly hunting for the brightest and best talent, we also pride ourselves on having senior staff, most of whom have been at LaForce for more than 10 years. Similarly, we have a number of clients who have been our partners for more than a decade.
In short, we love what we do! Each day, we charge forward with discipline, commitment, and boundless enthusiasm.
We offer amazing benefits too!
- Generous vacation package that increases with tenure in addition to sick days, personal days and your birthday off too!
- Employer contributions towards medical and dental plans
- Vision plan
- Additional benefits you may opt-in for: FSA (personal and dependent care), Legal Insurance, Pet Insurance, Life Insurance, LTD and STD, Home and Auto
- Commuter benefits
- Very generous employer match towards your 401K
- Summer Friday schedules
- Generous holiday schedule- we close between Christmas and New Years!
- Parental Leave policy that increases with tenure
- Gym benefits
- Partnerships with HealthKick as well as fitness studios around the city to give our employees corporate discounts
Important things to note:
- Strong company culture and happy work environment!
- Ability to forge your own path (express an interest in a client you want to pitch, suggest new ideas/ policies, etc., express an interest in a course and we will help you participate, each individual climbs at their own pace)
Loading some great jobs for you...