The Company and the Role:
Lehigh Hanson is one of the largest construction materials companies in North America with more than 550 active operations in the U.S. and Canada. Our core activities include the production and distribution of cement and aggregates, the two essential raw materials in concrete. Lehigh Hanson companies also produce ready-mixed concrete, asphalt and other concrete products.
Lehigh Hanson is part of the Heidelberg Cement Group, a global leader in aggregates, cement, concrete, and other downstream activities. The Group employs over 60,000 people at more than 3,000 locations in 60 countries.
We are looking for a qualified Dispatcher for our Phoenix area Ready Mix Concrete operations. Reporting to the Transportation Manager, this position is responsible for dispatching ready mix trucks, scheduling deliveries, answering phones, and taking customer orders. Will offer product information and pricing and provides courteous customer service.
This opportunity allows you to grow your career with an industry leader. While focusing on servicing our customer base and increasing market share, you will begin your career with a proven leader in the ready mix concrete and materials supply industry.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Female / Veteran / DisabledWhat you ll get to do:
Who we are looking for:
- Day-to-day dispatching for 9 concrete plants.
- Ensure quality product and timely deliveries to our customers with focus on company s performance objectives and targets.
- Ensure compliance with applicable safety and environmental legislation, regulations, and company policies and procedures.
- Focus on customer satisfaction, and public relations when fulfilling job duties.
- Assist in responding to sales and customer requests.
- Will be required to work some Saturdays and various shifts when required.
- Regular and on-time attendance required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Benefits & Compensation:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Five years of dispatching and construction experience highly preferred
- Experience in the ready mix concrete business or related industry preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of Command Data System, Trimble preferred, but not required.
- Proficient with computer and software databases, MS Office (Excel, Essbase, Powerpoint, etc.), Command Data, and Kronos Timekeeper.
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking) highly desired.
- Experience in resolving problems and dealing with difficult situations.
- Product knowledge and experience with mix designs for ready mix concrete a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement
We appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.
No search firms please.