Employment Type: Full-Time
Specializes in our branch customer experience through lobby management, transactions and basic retail servicing interactions. (e.g. customer service enrollment, address changes, problem resolution). Accurately processes a variety of financial transactions (e.g. deposits, withdrawals) in an accurate and efficient manner.Primary Responsibilities:
- Address the customers immediate need, and then provide a service transaction or guided self-service
- Match the appropriate resource (person, digital service) to the need
- Identify transactions on the line that can be migrated to digital solutions
- Demonstrate digital transaction tools to customer directly, including explanations of benefits, etc.
- Assess options with focus on shoulder to shoulder self-service
- Follow up with customer once servicing is complete to ensure immediate need and customers expectation have been met
- Take ownership of escalated account services issues until resolution
- Transition to identified sales opportunity using transition statement
- Demonstrate customer service standards during transaction processing and follow M & T policy on transaction processing
- Fully leverage available tools (e.g. Teller Cash Recycler) for transaction processing
- Complete all Currency Transaction Reports and Wire Activities and escalations as appropriate
- Accurately balance
- Accurately complete cash ordering for the branch and TCR/ATM settlement activities
- Participate in branch audit/logging activities, provide follow-up where appropriate and Satisfy/Maintain audit/new activities and provides follow up where appropriate
- Process customer/account maintenance accurately (address/name changes, signor/account updates, etc.)
- Complete Retail Customer Refresh Activities
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M & T Bank brand.
- Maintain M & T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The position is responsible for providing exceptional service to branch customers and resolving routine customer problems in a timely manner.
The position is responsible for interacting with appropriate areas within the Bank to ensure branch-related operational issues are resolved efficiently and accurately.
It is important for the position to stay current on operational changes and demonstrate good risk management decisions to assist the branch in managing preventable losses and reducing fraudulent activity.
Adheres to Retail customer service standards, to include lobby experience and digital experience. Performs requisite interaction tracking and reporting
Education and Experience Required:
High school diploma or equivalent (GED) and minimum of 6 months customer service experience, including data entry and/or cash handling experience.
Proven verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Proven ability to demonstrated exceptional customer services
Well-organized individual with time management and prioritization skills
Proficient with internet user-level technology
Education and Experience Preferred:
Bilingual based on branch needs
Ability to stand for long periods of time
Prolonged use of hands and fingers
Ability to lift light to heavy objects weighing 5lbs 30 lbs.
Ability to read fine print
Ability to interact with customers in an open face to face work environment
North Syracuse, New York, United States of America
Loading some great jobs for you...