Credit Analyst II
Employment Type: Full-Time
Evaluate and determine the credit risks of the more complex and higher dollar amount commercial clients through detailed financial statement analysis, industry assessment, collateral valuation, cash flow analysis and the ability to repay annual debt service.
- Review all pertinent credit and financial information, including reporting services, credit bureaus, and other companies. Determine the need for more thorough investigation or additional information. Analyze information financial statements and related materials.
- Prepare summary, present facts, and offers opinions concerning credit-worthiness. Assign an overall risk rating to the credit request through the review and analysis of financial information.
- Monitor credit policy compliance by verifying adherence to the Commercial Credit Policy, and commenting on any risk associated with non-compliance.
- Develop and maintain financial background information on present and prospective customers. Develop credit analyses for use by lending officers or committees in the making of lending decisions on new credit approvals and renewals.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M & T Bank brand.
- Maintain M & T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The incumbent primarily works on lower level credit approvals of $10MM or less.
The incumbent works under general supervision.
Contacts are primarily internal such as loan officers and other bank personnel.
The position interacts with commercial banking relationship managers throughout the banks footprint.
Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field and minimum of 1 year work experience in one or more of the following fields: commercial credit, public accounting, financial statement preparation/analysis, or other financial analysis,
OR in lieu of a degree,
a combined minimum of 5 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 1 year in one or more of the following fields: commercial credit, public accounting, financial statement preparation/analysis, or other financial analysis.
Working knowledge of personal computers and related software programs.
Education and Experience Preferred:
Familiarity with Bank systems such as Risk Analyst, AFS, CSS, CLAS.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent analytical ability
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Syracuse, New York, United States of America
Loading some great jobs for you...