Compensation: $97,590.00 - $144,930.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Controls Engineer- Syracuse, NY Job Summary
: New product development:
Take engineering concept of prospective device and turn it into a manufacturable product. Generate all design documentation that defines and supports how the prototype and final product are to be built. Participate in building and testing of prototype in order to validate the concept and/or function of the product. Use results of prototype testing to make any changes necessary to meet design objectives of product. Revise engineering documents to reflect these changes. Create wire diagrams and schematics as required, and take lead on Controls specifying and programming where required Duties and Requirements:
- Lead Engineer for all things Electrical/Electronic/Controls related. Electro-mechanical, PID, PLC, etc. Siemens familiarity is a plus.
- Create documentation in SolidWorks 3D Modeling software.
Education and Experience:
- Prepare engineering documentation for all projects such as Electrical schematics, Electrical wire diagrams, Controls parameters, programming, P&ID, Point to Point, wiring charts, bills of materials, design assumptions, etc.
- Assist test engineer during testing phase on prototypes of new products.
- Evaluate field installations and applications and recommend design modifications required to eliminate/correct machine or system malfunctions.
- Research and analyze data such as client design proposals, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Collaborate with manufacturing to revise design of products and parts used in the building of these products so as to improve cycle time and product cost.
- Bachelor s degree in mechanical and/or Electrical engineering required.
- Five to eight years related experience including design of electrical circuitry and controls, and HVAC mechanical systems desired.
- Proficient personal computer skills using AutoCAD, Solidworks, and Microsoft Excel and Word. Ability to work with various suppliers design/specify system components.
To learn more about this opportunity apply today or call
- provided by Dice
Associated topics: adapter, diagram, dsp, electrical engineer, renewable, rf, signal processing, solar, wire, wiring
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...