Vice President- Business Development - - Br
Compensation: $137,850.00 - $127,920.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
VP- Business Development - New York - 16842BR Apply
Moodys Investors Service - MIS Commercial Group (COMMERCIAL)
Sales & Marketing - Relationship & Account Management
Regular - Experienced Hire
Moodys is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moodys Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moodys Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moodys Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com . Moodys Investors Service is among the worlds most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter. Department The Global Commercial Groups various responsibilities include; establishing and maintaining business and pricing relationships with Moodys rated entities and issuers of debt securities, rating product development, creation of value and strategic marketing collateral and corporate development for the business. The department provides these service for banking institutions, corporations, municipal governments, public institutions, structured finance products and funds Job Description A senior individual contributor responsible for a complex region or product line, or a senior managerial role, with overall line management responsibility for a small or medium sized team. The individual in this role will be responsible for the design and the delivery of a strategic business development plan to grow business for a significant territory, region and/or line of business.
- Primary Business Development contact for territory, region and/or line of business responsible for strategic leadership of Business Development activities. Design, implement and improve business development and customer outreach strategies and provide direction and guidance to direct reports to do this also.
- Lead proactive customer outreach program to support and improve the companys market position. Conduct in person meetings with prioritized customers to update them on Moodys Investors Service products in order to secure new rating mandates.
- Become an expert in Moodys product suite and be able to explain every product to both market players and more junior associates.
- Responsible for leading extensive discussions and meetings with mid to senior level market intermediaries issuers and potential customers to explain Moodys rating processes.
- Attend Moodys and industry conferences, briefings and events to develop market contacts and key relationships.
- Responsible for monitoring market, client and competitor activities to identify and assess further opportunities for new business.
- Leads discussion and negotiation on standard and complex terms & conditions with clients. Will coach others to do this also.
- Work with the team leaders to model and analyze the impact of price changes and create new pricing strategies.
- Lead review of budget, forecast and staffing needs of business development strategy for his/her region(s) and/or line of business.
- Responsible for ensuring that internal databases in relation to customer details are maintained accurately and in a timely manner.
- Work with internal stakeholders, such as Account Management, analytical teams, GMO, Billing, and Pricing to develop and co-ordinate projects to improve workflow processes and market outreach
- Expected to travel 40% of the time.
- Ability to effectively and eloquently chair several meetings daily with customers and intermediaries across a large range of different profiles on short notice or with little preparation.
- Speak and communicate convincingly in front of senior management, customers and larger audiences.
- Maintain active relationships with customers and intermediaries at all levels independently and with minimal oversight.
- Demonstrate expert working knowledge of capital markets, the ratings process and has strong analytical skills.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- High autonomy in achieving business objectives
- Minimum of Undergraduate / First Level degree (or equivalent) preferably in finance, accounting, business or economics.
- Expert level knowledge on financial instruments, key characteristics and dynamics of capital and credit markets in her or his market segment / territory.
- Previous experience in sales & marketing is desired
Moodys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moodys also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email ...@moodys.com .. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law
Associated topics: analyst, b2b, b2e, business development, channel partner, customer, strategic, territory manager, transaction, wholesale
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...