Social Media Strategist - New York
Compensation: $134,440.00 - $127,870.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
The National Committee on U.S.-China Relations is seeking a digital content manager to oversee its online presence, responsible for developing content and implementing strategy across the organization?s social and digital media platforms, website, and external communications. The digital content manager works closely with staff to promote the National Committee?s wide-ranging programs and initiatives, and plays an integral role in furthering the organization?s mission to educate the public about U.S.-China relations. The ideal candidate possesses a broad-based knowledge of China, advanced proficiency in copywriting, and experience creating and executing social/digital media campaigns.
- Work with communications team to implement the Committee?s communications and public relations objectives
- Develop sustained and compelling social media initiatives that attract targeted audiences to engage with organizational mission
- Engage with audiences through social media to raise awareness of the Committee and its mission and to elevate national brand recognition
- Oversee the Committee?s online presence and website content, both to support the organization and its programs, and to further its role in educating the public about U.S.-China relations
- Monitor and promote press coverage, media appearances, and articles related to the organization and its directors, staff, fellows, and members
- Monitor current events and discussion of issues affecting U.S.-China relations and Greater China and respond to shifts in Sino-American relations
- Ensure that organizational visual identity and writing style are applied to public materials
- Collaborate with staff to promote the organization?s activities, initiatives, and accomplishments
- Coordinate with production assistant on the development of digital content for distribution through social media
- Develop social media campaigns that engage with target audiences and grow the Committee?s following
- Manage, develop content, and implement strategy across the Committee?s social media platforms
- Monitor, grow audience, and develop content for organizational Twitter accounts; live-tweet selected public events
- Evaluate the effectiveness of social media campaigns and strategies using quantitative tools and qualitative analysis
- Produce and submit a bi-annual report of social media activity, growth, and paid advertising results
- Develop and maintain social media and digital content guidelines
- Develop content for the website to highlight current programs, upcoming events, digital media, and major and accomplishments as needed
- Update and manage promotional strategy for the organization?s digital media accounts
- Contribute to the monthly e-Newsletter in close coordination with the director of communications
- Coordinate with staff on public event promotion, organizational announcements, and brochures
- Collaborate with communications team on the production of the annual report of the Committee?s activities
- Report to the director of communications
- Demonstrated experience in creating, planning, and executing digital campaigns
- Demonstrated editorial management skills, analytical skills, and interpersonal skills
- Experience, creativity, and versatility in engaging and building audiences on various social media platforms
- Advanced proficiency in writing compelling copy
- Interest in and commitment to the U.S.-China relationship
- Intermediate proficiency in Mandarin desirable
- Deadline-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently and in teams
- U.S. work authorization
- B.A. required/M.A. strongly preferred
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience; previous experience in international relations highly desired
- Occasional evening and weekend work
- Based in New York City
The National Committee offers a generous benefits package. NCUSCR is an equal-opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds.
Please send cover letter and resume to?...@ncuscr.org. References will be requested from candidates under consideration.?No phone calls, please.
Associated topics: communication specialist, copywriter, correspondent, headline, journalist, news, publication, reporter, writer, writing
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...