Assistant Director (Central Office), Managed Care - New York
Compensation: $132,420.00 - $206,040.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Empower Every New Yorker Without Exception to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
Come join the largest public hospital system in the nation! Every day, we work together to make an extraordinary difference in the health and well-being of each individual we serve without exception. Join our team and help us create a positive human experience.
Working under the direct supervision of the Director of Managed Care, the key responsibilities of the Assistant Director position include:
- Collaborate with other Central Office departments to assist in cataloging and maintaining a central inventory of current operating certificates and related licenses for all of the NYC Health + Hospitals hospitals, federally qualified health centers, and skilled nursing facilities.
- Manage the compilation of facility certificates/licensures for purposes of disseminating to contracted insurance companies as required for insurance credentialing purposes.
- Complete facility credentialing forms and applications for contracted managed care plans upon the implementation of all new managed care contracts and insurance company s re-credentialing of facilities, as applicable.
- Design and implement a centralized workflow to comply with contracted insurers facility credentialing and re-credentialing policies for the NYC Health + Hospitals system.
- Liaise with local facility staff and state agencies to timely obtain new certificates/licensures for new service lines offered at each of the facilities.
- Participate in Central Office financial business planning meetings to stay abreast of impending new service lines that our facilities may provide and coordinate these updates with Managed Care Contracting team.
- Other duties as may be required.
1. A Masters Degree from an accredited college or university in Healthcare, Hospital, Public, or Business Administration, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior or a related field and three years of full-time experience planning, developing and monitoring programs, systems and/or procedures in support of administrative management initiatives, one year of which must have been in a responsible managerial or supervisory capacity; or
2. A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university in Healthcare, Hospital, Public, or Business Administration, Psychology or a related discipline and four years of fulltime experience as outlined in 1 above, two years of which must have been in a responsible managerial or supervisory capacity; or
3. A satisfactory combination of education, training and experience.
- A Master s degree in business administration, economics, public administration or in an equivalent or equally acceptable program, and four (4) years of satisfactory, full-time paid experience in a corporation, consulting firm, governmental agency or foundation in management analysis or in operational direction, planning, coordination or control of which two (2) years must have been in a supervisory, administrative or consultative capacity; or
- A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university and five (5) years of experience as stated in #1 above, of which three (3) years must have been in a supervisory, administrative or consultative capacity; or
- A satisfactory equivalent, however, all candidates must possess not less than the two (2) years of supervisory, administrative or consultative experience required.
- Four (4) years of appropriate general experience may be substituted for a Baccalaureate degree requirement. Appropriate full-time teaching experience in an accredited college or university may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience and appropriate full-time teaching experience in a position of professional rank may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required supervisory, administrative or consultative experience.
Associated topics: administrative assistant, administrative officer, administrative staff, assistant, beverage, front desk, front office, operational assistant, operational support, staff
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...