Position: General Manager
Reports to: Restaurant Director
Defined as elegant yet approachable dining through the passion and commitment of a team of award-winning chefs, renowned managers and wine directors, this new upscale seafood restaurant, housed in a historic building in Union Square, is currently conducting a nationwide search for an General Manager.
With a philosophy that the soul of the restaurant is found in its kitchen, this definitive seafood restaurant specializes in fresh, sustainable local fin and shellfish and celebrates the bounty of the sea. Sourced directly from highly respected suppliers, our dedication to our ocean s habitat takes pride of place on the plate and is exemplified by the myriad of inspired dishes of the day. In this ongoing pursuit of excellence, the vision of this restaurant is to deliver an exceptional dining experience paired with an unparalleled level of hospitality.
The General Manager will help inspire, develop, oversee, and manage the front-of-house team, while working closely with the management team to support the creation and delivery of a unique and elevated guest experience that is in harmony with the kitchen s food program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(other duties may be assigned as required)
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the restaurant
- Serves as an educator, as well as an inspirational, committed, and responsible leader to the restaurant s front-of-house teams
- Maintains exceptional standards of professionalism and hospitality
- Leads by example; actively works the floor with a hands-on approach, inspiring staff to deliver a memorable food and beverage experience
- Ensures the delivery of superior customer service through effective staff training and education
- Actively participates in the mentorship and support of all team members, promoting interdepartmental collaboration, teamwork, and a positive daily work environment
- Communicates daily with BOH managers to ensure FOH and BOH team leaders and supervisors are aligned for expected business needs
- Works closely with and supports the efforts of the Private Dining and Special Event sales team
- Conducts and documents daily DOH and facility walkthroughs, addressing operation, mechanical, and technical issues in a timely manner
- Responsible for new staff induction and training, including expectations, procedures, facility orientations, and employee manual
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
- Under the direction of the Restaurant Director, initiates and executes special projects as assigned
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 5 years experience leading a premium food and beverage operation
- A professionally recognized wine and/or spirits certificate is an asset
- Related university degree or a combination of education and experience
- Highly committed to a premium level of quality
- Skilled at developing and creating food and beverage experiences that drive customer satisfaction and loyalty
- A solutions-provider committed to a vision of service to create an ultimate guest experience
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Superior conflict resolution skills, with the ability to relate professionally to all levels of staff, management, clientele, suppliers, and partners
- Excellent planning, organizational and problem solving skills
- Comfortable with dealing with media, public speaking, and VIP guests
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
Interested candidates are invited to apply online. This position will remain open until filled.