Compensation: $31,510.00 - $49,030.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
Oceans is continuing to add members to its front of house team.
We are seeking a forward-thinkingwine professional.
With a 1,000+ selection wine list, this is the ideal position for a candidate with a strong background in hospitality who wants to pursue his/her career in the beverage field.
We are looking for a dedicated, detail & guest oriented, curious, proactive, organized team player.
The sommelier will support the wine & beverage service on the floor and behind the bar and will be involved in the cellar management (inventory, organization).
The sommelier will also participate in tastings, seminars and staff trainings.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4 years of experience in hospitality preferably fine dining restaurant, a solid understanding of the basics of the wine, spirits and beverage world and a real desire to be a part of a worldly wine list for locavore cuisine.
Details of the Role:
Ability to lift 40+ lbs; weekly schedule may vary
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Receive, stock, and inventory wines and beer
- Determine and maintain pars for wine BTG and pairing selections
- Participate in staff wine tasting and educational opportunities
- Collaborate with wine and culinary teams on wine pairing selections
- Work the floor nightly and provide wine and beverage service along with any and all other service needs that arise
- 2 years as a sommelier in a fine dining establishment
- Certified/Advanced Sommeliers through the Court of Master Sommeliers, or equivalent certification and/or corresponding knowledge/experience
More detail about Oceans, please visit
Associated topics: bar, barback, barista, beer, beverage service, cocktail service, martini, shots, tequila, wine
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...