Senior QA Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Participate in the Production of food products for the company. Provide strategic direction, leadership and the day-to-day coordination of facility operations, food and beverage prep, delivery and merchandising. Have responsibility for the preparation/ delivery/ ordering of food on a daily basis as well as for multiple rollouts of the Division and their continued operations.
- Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations
- Set standards for operational excellence regarding product manufacturing and distribution
- Supervise production team at both management and hourly levels for all shifts
- Implement operational audits for production facilities according to agreed upon schedules
- Research & Development relating to specials menu activity
Planning & Execution
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products based on average inventory and usage and/or forecasts of all Area Stores
- Supply Chain Ensure all products are available at the appropriate quantities and approved specifications at all production facilities
- Reviews management, production, distribution schedules, operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs (budget) and prevent operational delays
- Create action plans for operational improvement based on audits and quality control issues raised by operators
- Ensure strict adherence to all hygiene and safety regulations
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with local and state regulatory standards; corrects any potential issues and resolves existing violations and/or problems
Business Requirements & Reporting
- Reports management, production, distribution schedules, operating reports and updates operational, manufacturing and maintenance issues to US Production Director
- Ensure adherence to all legal, operational, and organic obligations
- Complies, stores and retrieves production data; i.e. Conducts weekly physical inventories; Produce weekly reports with comparison of Cost of Good s (COG s), payroll, sales, etc
- Manage weekly Profit & Loss (P&L) to ensure all expense lines are within budget
- Analyze sales trends and adjust production requirements and schedules accordingly
- Meet weekly with US Production Director to discuss financial and operational results
Team building & Development
- Interviews and hires candidates for production positions in compliance with allotted payroll budget and existing HR procedures; Performs annual reviews with all production employees
- Motivate and maintain effective working relationships among management and staff
- Provide management and staff with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities
- Ensure completion of and follow up regarding all performance reviews
- Facilitate succession planning to support business growth
- Prepare agenda for bi-weekly manager meetings at production facilities to review financial and operational performance and create action plans where deficient
Position Capabilities: Display strong leadership by projecting self-confidence through product expertise, organized communication skills and enthusiasm. Excel in formulating new systems and executing strategies. Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process. Surpass in performing a broad range of assignments with efficiency and accuracy. Skillfully document performance, formulate goals and plans of action. Readily accepts constructive feedback. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Works within approved budget, develops and implements cost saving measures, contributes to profits and revenue. Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meeting and appointments on time. Able to: deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events. Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment. Takes pride in the achievements of others.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Detailed knowledge of restaurant operations, production center/ commissaries
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor s (BA) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience running a production center/commissary in food and beverage industry and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have overseen both food production activity and distribution to multiple units
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certified Food Handlers Certification, ServSafe Certification
- Flexible work schedule including nights and weekends combined with some travel
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of this that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs; anything above 50 lbs must be lifted with the help of another employee
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of this that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Loading some great jobs for you...