Senior Director, OBF Technologies & Merchandising - New York
Compensation: $187,770.00 - $187,770.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Senior Director - OBF Technologies & Merchandising
Manhattan, New York (open to relocation)
Out client, a global retail company are looking for a Senior Director of OBF Technologies & Merchandising to join their IT leadership team based in New York. You will have the opportunity to be a part of a highly visible team who are building innovative solutions catering to their global omnichannel business.
Merchandising and Order Orchestration is a new business area so you will be accountable for the overall technology management in the areas of product planning, merchandising, pricing etc. and all solutions related to order orchestration connected to eCom and in-store customer journey leading to sales.
You will have the opportunity to define solution scope, outline best in class technology solution architectures as well as implement and maintain them to drive positive value and business outcomes!
- Own and manage the merchandising and OBF technology solutions portfolio globally, both existing and emerging solutions. This includes but not limited to technology solutions related to merchandise and assortment planning, allocation, product pricing, SKU master data and attributes management, real-time inventory positions, order brokering and order fulfillment across all formats and channels e.g. BOSS, BORIS, BOPIS etc.
- Take ownership for current in-flight solutions and their development and bring the necessary expertise insight to shape their further delivery at a global level
- Create, own and maintain global technology life cycle road-maps in the assigned technology portfolio Perform detailed analysis of merchandising and OBF business processes and requirements to produce custom solution specifications for complex and large projects.
- Manage, lead and develop the distributed team of technology managers, developers, business and functional analysts, testing teams and other IS&T team members in this functional area to create a high performing team that is collaborative and highly engaged across IT and business partners.
- Provide documented technical design proposals, estimates, specifications and maintenance guides.
- Research leading edge technologies and processes for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Work with internal and external development teams to track delivery solutions to defined architectural standards.
- Lead, align, influence and collaborate across organizational boundaries within IT and business functions (e.g. project teams, functions, and partner organizations) without direct authority
- Manage the resolution of cross-functional and cross-platform issues, tradeoffs, and risk in accordance with IT objectives.
- A Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required. Master s degree is preferred.
- In-depth functional and technical knowledge and extensive working experience on eCommerce and brick and mortar retail processes and technologies in the Merchandising and Assortment planning technologies, Retail product master data management and related areas
- Experience with industry leading merchandise and assortment planning big data driven technologies
- A minimum of 12-15 years technology leadership and architecture experience in a Director or technology functional leadership role
- Leadership experience in managing complex and wide scoping full life cycle implementations at enterprise scale
- Thorough knowledge and experience of service oriented architecture, open source technologies and APIs
- Experience working with following tools & technologies: Node & Angular.js, Apache open source stack, Testing Automation tools (i.e., Selenium, Jasmine)
- Experience working with collaboration, technical delivery and CI/CD tools like Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket, Github, Bamboo, Jenkins etc.
- Experience in collaborating with off-shore and on-shore development teams and across time-zone and regions
- Experience with Scrum and an Agile Development environment
- Partnering and effective interpersonal skills to work collaboratively across IS&T, business and with external partners with high degree of self-awareness and influencing abilities
- Excellent communication skills, including written and oral; with the ability to present to C Suite and large groups with confidence.
This role will apply deep subject matter expertise in merchandising and OO processes, technologies and data architecture to identify, develop, implement and operationally support solutions that improve productivity and processes, increase efficiencies, and optimize costs savings.
If you feel like you would be a good fit for the Senior Director OBF Technologies & Merchandising of position, please apply with a copy of your resume.
Associated topics: agile, database architecture, db2, etl, f#, j2ee, sdlc, software, unix, website
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...