Loan Officer, Health Care Community Development Lending
Compensation: $97,815.00 - $178,020.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
PCDC is seeking a full-time Loan Officer for its Capital Investment program.
The Loan Officer is passionate about providing access to capital to build and strengthen a high quality, affordable, accessible primary care sector, which in turn supports healthy and thriving communities and health equity. The Loan Officer plays a central role in the growth and expansion of PCDC s lending business, with primary responsibility for identifying investment opportunities, managing transaction due diligence, underwriting, and structuring financing products and portfolios in designated geographic markets of the U.S. In accordance with PCDC policies and guidelines, the Loan Officer works with borrowers through all stages of the financing process: assisting with applications, assessing the viability of borrowers and projects, conducting financial analyses, underwriting and structuring loans, preparing credit memos, presenting proposals to loan committees, and negotiating terms and documents for loan closing. The Loan Officer is responsible for marketing and sourcing business, and for relationship management of clients and partners. The position partners internally, working with the Capital Investment team to support the achievement of lending goals.
- Support efforts to research, identify, develop, and secure new lending opportunities to achieve business goals. Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with current and future borrowers, partners and other market principals.
- Develop and apply knowledge of clients and local, regional and national markets to identify evolving trends, and risks, and opportunities.
- Disseminate knowledge to inform Capital Investment practice and PCDC broadly, including working with staff across the organization. Support the process of bringing new products to market.
- Engage with clients to understand needs and develop financing solutions to meet those needs.
- Conduct due diligence and analysis, underwrite, structure, and negotiate financing requests for loan, bond, and NMTC transactions, and third party delegated underwriting within appropriate and relevant credit policy guidelines. Work with borrowers through all stages of the financing process.
- Prepare and present proposals to loan committees. Prepare commitment letters and coordinate the loan closing process, including the preparation of loan documentation, in accordance with committee approvals.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of markets, maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
- Maintain a culture of quality customer service at all points of contact.
Additional duties as assigned
The Loan Officer reports directly to the Chief Lending Officer. The position also works closely with the Chief Credit Officer, and partners internally with the Capital Investment team to support the achievement of team and enterprise goals and deliver high quality customer service to PCDC s clients.
Required Experience, Education & Skills
- Minimum of three years lending experience in community development and/or community facility financing, including underwriting and management of construction and permanent commercial loans, preferably with a CDFI or other community development lender
- Bachelor s degree in Business or Finance
- Knowledge of credit and lending products and services, as well as analysis of financial indicators related to credit management
- Knowledge of, or commitment to, the healthcare industry and primary healthcare
- Strong financial analysis skills, particularly with nonprofit accounting
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people and organizations, and in racially, ethnically and socioeconomically diverse environments
- Strong relationship builder with the ability to forge deep community relationships
- Experience in building, managing, and deepening client relationships
- Collegial, positive attitude - able to work well in a team environment
- High degree of self-motivation, creativity, and flexibility
- Outstanding interpersonal and oral/written communication skills, ability to produce exceptional quality work as part of an interdisciplinary team of professionals
- Strong time management skills are essential
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout the United States
- Knowledge of New Markets Tax Credits (NMTC) and Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) is preferred
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: ...@pcdc.orgwith "Loan Officer, Capital Investment" in the subject line.
The Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Associated topics: banker, banking product, collection analyst, loan, loan servicing officer, loan underwriter, mortgage loan officer, mortgage loan originator, relationship, representative
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...