Compensation: $168,120.00 - $168,120.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Dental Care
ProHEALTH Dental (Where Oral Health Meets Overall Health) is a leading dental group in the New York Metropolitan Area. We are not like one of the many dental service organizations (DSOs). Instead, we see ourselves as strategic partners with medical groups and healthcare organizations that understand the importance of oral health and want to add dentistry as an important service offering. Our state-of-the-art dental practices have all specialties under one roof to provide better continuity of care to patients. ProHEALTH Dental is continuously expanding our team of specialists. If you are beginning your career or are looking for a new opportunity, we would like to discuss your future with us.
Diagnose and treat problems with patients' teeth, gums, and related parts of the mouth. Provide advice and instruction on taking care of the teeth and gums and on diet choices that affect oral health.
Please note: Positions are available in multiple locations in Long Island, Queens and Westchester.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs quality clinical and radiographic evaluations to diagnose and treat diseases othe oral cavity.
- Promotes oral health by providing educational information on all phases of preventive and restorative dentistry and oral hygiene.
- Reviews and follows all dental clinic protocols, policies, and procedures
- Documents and follows treatment plans that include appropriate preventive and restorative therapy
- Manage medical/dental history with a comprehensive evaluation of the patient's general health using an establish Electronic Dental Record management system
- Address all contra-indications pertaining to treatment and identify patient's chief complaint or reason for visit
- Provide relief of pain and palliative treatment for emergency patients
- Supervise and check prophylactic treatments administered by Dental Hygienists
- Accurately post billable services to patient's account following treatment
- Maintain the baseline radiographs and any other radiographs necessary to diagnose and treatment plan the case
- Explain to patient/parent recommended treatment plans and answer questions as they relate to patient care
- Refer patients to specialists as needed
- Prescribe, prepare, and administer drugs or medicine to patients as needed
- Maintain adequate provider productivity
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of accredited dental school or college
- Knowledge of Dentrix and other relevant software applications
- Understanding of health & safety regulations
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to interact with patients, staff, and other Dentists
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS, OR LICENSURE REQUIRED FOR THIS JOB
- Must be currently licensed to practice dentistry in New York
- Must have current registration numbers for the Drug Enforcement Administration in the State of New York for controlled substances
- Current CPR certificate
ProHEALTH strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with respect to public assistance or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Associated topics: clinic, clinical, dentistry, dmd, endodontist, general dentist, group, pediatric, practice, private
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...