Compensation: $28,740.00 - $39,230.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
Rezdora is a 3-star (NY Times) Italian Restaurant that is dedicated to the food & hospitality of the Emilia-Romagna region in Italy. The restaurant was founded by chef Stefano Secchi and entrepreneur David Switzer.Mr. Secchi is a CIA grad whose father is from Italy. He has worked and cooked in Italia for 3 years including at Osteria Francescana, All Enoteca and Hosteria Giusti, based in Modena, Emilia Romagna and Canale, Piemonte respectively.We have a great team but are currently looking for line cooks whom love Italian food and want to cook the food from Emilia-Romagna and surrounding regions in a very authentic, Italian way.
Our restaurant is an employee-first establishment, where we believe that working together as a focused team dedicated to not only an unforgettable guest experience but also towards a work-life balance, will serve our guests in the best fashion.
As part of the back of the house team, you ll receive:
- Opportunity to learn all aspects of traditional cuisine from the Emilia-Romagna region and surrounding regions with focus on pasta all uovo or egg based pastas
- Opportunity to learn basics of every station if desired, including butchering, pasta production, antipasto, pasta, arrosto & griglia amongst others
- Ability to learn basic Italian as we have Italian speakers in out kitchen...beneficial, especially if there is a desire to travel to Italy in the future
- A 20% discount while dining at Rezdora
- Immediate opportunity for advancement
Traits we re looking for:
- This position is for someone with junior experience on the line that is looking to truly understand the cuisine of Emilia-Romagna and surrounding regions
- Values that are most important to us:
- Love for Italian food and culture, with focus on authenticity
- Greatness/Dedication or executing food and working so other owners would look at you as an example of how things SHOULD be done versus how they ARE done
- Integrity or always doing the right thing, especially when no-one is watching
- Sense of Urgency & Creativity during service, and instilling in your co-workers with a need for swift and precise plating/execution
- Desire to learn in detail about traditional flavors from Italia and specifically Emilia Romagna.We will work on contemporary variations of classic dishes from Emilia Romagna and surrounding regions, along with all the fresh pastas of the region
- Excellent organizational skills
- Competitive wage
- Cooks looking to execute delicious Italian food at a high level
- Self-starter with capacity to follow through on tasks
27 East 20thStreet
New York, NY 10003
More detail about Rezd ra, please visit
Associated topics: appetizer, baker, banquet, cocinero de la parrilla, dinner, food preparation, fryer, kitchen, kitchen prep, steakhouse
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...