Valuation Specialist - Private Investments - New York
Compensation: $128,990.00 - $157,490.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
The Global Controllers Group is responsible for accounting and financial reporting for Sculptor Capital Management, a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange (SCU), as well as the private investment funds it manages. The group collaborates with other areas of the company on strategic initiatives, new product implementation and operational streamlining.
Sculptor Capital Management is seeking a valuation professional to help manage the valuation process for the special investments portfolio which encompasses a wide variety of asset classes and geographies. The specialist will be exposed to real estate, energy, various private equity investments, corporate debt and structured finance products.
- Perform valuation analyses on private equity and private debt investments. This includes valuing distressed, performing and non-performing loan portfolios
- Monitor the portfolio investments by periodically communicating with the deal team to understand how the latest macro-economic trends and company''s developments will influence the holding value
- Create executive level reporting highlighting significant changes/events, key data points and conclusions to be presented to the valuation committee on monthly basis
- Direct third-party valuation review process including leading calls and providing written explanations regarding qualitative aspects of valuation, analytics, and position inquires
- Provide support and explain the methodologies used to value the asset portfolios to the company s auditors and investors on a quarterly basis
- Identify, escalate, and address valuation discrepancies, risks or other issues.
- Assist with the valuation policy and procedure reviews to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Bachelor s in Accounting, Finance or similar degree
- 3-5 years of work experience
- Experience in building valuation models (DCF, Market Approach and Yield Analysis)
- Demonstrated technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong, functional background working with excel
- Finance, Valuation or Investment Banking training program preferred
- Proficient using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Motivated self-starter with a meticulous eye for detail
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage deadlines
- Strong analytical ability
Associated topics: annuities, broker dealer, dow jones, equity, fiduciary, financial, invest, security, s p, trader
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...