Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community's greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
The Home finding Supervisor will assist the Home finding Director to complete all Homefinding related activities, especially in the absence of the Homefinding Director. The Homefinding Supervisor assumes primary responsibility for: 1) Screening and processing foster parent applications, 2) Scheduling MAPP Pre-certification trainings, 3) Monitoring compliance issues regarding the initial certification/approval of foster homes, and the completion of annual foster home re-certifications/re-approvals, 4) Facilitating the trading of foster homes.
* Screen and process foster parent applications.
* Monitor the completion of re-certification/re-approval studies of foster homes.
* Facilitate and coordinate some trainings for staff such as MAPP and Mini-MAPP
* Maintain monthly statistical reports.
* Participate in Home finding related committees
* Actively participate in training programs offered by the agency or vendors.
* Aware of and sensitive to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of persons and population served.
* Provide supervision of the home finders
* Review and over site of all home studies/recertification with careful attention to quality, timeliness and compliance.
* Serve as a liaison between Homefinding and ACS
* Track performance and productivity with statistical report
* Participate in staff meetings, case review, staff training and planning sessions as appropriate
* Collaborate with administrative supervisors in developing recruitment and sustainment strategies.
* Perform all Connections authorizations functions including: Review/approving home studies, assignment/Approval of recertification, vacancy control management
* Work with recruiters in meeting target recruitment goals
* Supervise tracking of special rates, kinship tracking, safety assessment tracking, transfer homes, training, recertification tracking, close homes, transfer homes, prepare monthly reports
* On call after hours as needed.
* Participate in ACS placement planning calls as needed.
* Process agency intakes and supervise placement matching
* Ensure that foster homes are adequately assessed, monitored, and compliant with NYS/ACS regulations, including safety and protection guidelines.
* Coordinate foster parent recruitment events; seek out potential resources i.e. professional organizations, churches.
* Provide necessary LGBT and MAPP trainings as needed.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Master's Degree required, MSW preferred
* Minimum of 2 years experience in Homefinding.
* Knowledge of Intake and Foster Parent Recruitment preferred.
* Strong knowledge of State and City regulations relating to the foster care system, and to foster home certification/approval and re-certification/re-approval in particular.
* Knowledge of MAPP and Mini-MAPP, knowledge of internal and external regulations and polices applicable to foster care and adoption. Leader Certified preferred
* Computer literate and familiar with CONNECTIONS, and EVOLV.
* Good interpersonal skills and able to work as part of a team.
Loading some great jobs for you...