Medical Laboratory Technologist - New York
Compensation: $87,420.00 - $133,750.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
Sherman Abrams Labs
Brooklyn, New York
Are you a caring, passionate, and skilled Medical Technologist with strong experience in hematology, clinical chemistry, diagnostic immunology, or other laboratory disciplines?
WE WANT YOU!
Under general supervision, the Technologist performs qualitative and quantitative chemical tests on blood and body fluids in the laboratory, using manual and automated techniques. Sets up, adjusts, and operates all section equipment. Follows daily maintenance and quality assurance procedures in accordance with established institutional and regulatory protocols.
Primary Job Duties
- Good analytical skills necessary for testing of specimens with the ability to analyze quality control, verify results and identify abnormalities for clinical follow-up. Must be able to assess correct action to take during testing, cognizant of patient welfare.
- Good interpersonal manner important during delivery of patient support in order to ensure harmonious provision of testing services. Must respond appropriately to inquiries from relevant clinicians.
- Proficient and experienced.
Essential Job Specifications
- Job requires level of knowledge acquired through completion of a Bachelors Degree in Medical Technology/basic science plus one year of training.
- Must present New York State Board of Education Clinical laboratory License. ASCP/equivalent certification desired, not mandatory credential. Basic familiarity with computerized systems required.
- Should be minimally familiar with most major models of laboratory equipment. New technologists require a period of 30 days in order to orient themselves to techniques and the work area.
Associated topics: ascp, laboratory, medical lab science, microbiology, sterile processing technician, surgical technologist, technician ii, technician iii, technician iv, technician laboratory
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...