Research Associate, Content
Compensation: $105,250.00 - $143,160.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
We are an events organization with two large-scale conferences in Las Vegas every year. Our flagship event, Shoptalk, is the fastest-growing event in the history of retail--it takes place in March every year and brings together 8,000+ attendees from around the globe, including the heads of established retailers and brands, venture-backed startups, real estate developers and investment firms. Our other conference in September, Groceryshop, attracts 3,000+ attendees and focuses entirely on the grocery and CPG industries.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an amazing team that is helping to shape the future of retail.
We are looking for a research associate to join our growing NYC-based team to assist in creating great original research for Shoptalk and Groceryshop. The research associate will:
- Conduct research into retail and ecommerce trends, technologies and investments
- Analyze financial data, investment information, daily retail news, retail case studies and more
- Create slide decks and other types of deliverables that showcase original research at our events
- Work with the content team to develop, edit and finalize all deliverables
- Help to coordinate the onsite experience in Las Vegas, including supporting all research delivery
- Pitch in wherever is needed to help create a fantastic experience for speakers, sponsors and attendees
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- Minimum 2-5 years of work experience
- Background in research, journalism, branded content, marketing/advertising or other area where storytelling is required
- Self-starter who can surface findings and propose compelling research ideas that push the industry s knowledge forward
- Ability to think quickly and analytically
- Extremely strong organizational skills and attention to detail, including spelling and grammar
- Must be self-motivated, willing to take on new tasks, and adept at multitasking in a fast-changing and dynamic environment
- Strong drive and willingness to explore all options to find the answer as part of the research process
- Interest in learning about the retail and ecommerce industries
- Must be based in the New York City area and able to work from our midtown office 5 days a week
Associated topics: article, composer, content, draft, editorial, newsgathering, newswriter, proofread, text, writer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...