Compensation: $58,215.00 - $90,790.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Steel Services LTD. provides Financial, IT, Audit, Legal, Treasury and Human Resources support to companies associated with Steel Partners Holdings L.P., a global diversified holding company that owns and operates businesses and has significant interests in leading companies in various industries, including diversified industrial products, energy, defense, supply chain management and logistics, banking and youth sports.
As long-term investors, Steel Partners Holdings L.P. has focused on enhancing value through the implementation of operational excellence and corporate strategic restructuring programs, including the Steel Partners Operational Excellence Programs, the Steel Purchasing Council, the Steel IT Council, the Steel Environmental Health & Safety Council, the Steel Grow Talent Management system, Steel Corporate Services and the other components of the Steel Partners culture - what we call The Steel Way.
Please check out www.SteelPartners.com to learn more about us!
Reporting to the Steel Services LTD s legal department, the position s main duties are:
- Assist with organizing and maintaining board minutes and meeting materials
- Contract support for standard corporate agreements, such as NDAs
- Assist in preparing and filing documents required for formation, governance, foreign qualifications and dissolution of legal entities
- Assist with securities fillings
- Organization of litigation files; coordinate litigation holds and document productions
- Track contract lifecycle and maintain contract database
- Summarizing legal documents
- Performing records research
- Performing legal research
- Checking legal forms for accuracy
- Preparing reports
- Manage routine correspondence, organization of files and other administrative tasks
- Develop and maintain department resources
- Identify and implement improvements to current operations and workflows
- Collaborate with business partners across the organization as needed
- Clerical duties and other projects as assigned
REQUIREMENTS, QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Minimum 5 years paralegal or comparable experience at a company legal departments or law firm
- Previous securities and M&A experience a plus
- College Degree
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to details
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office: PowerPoint, Excel, Word & Outlook; Hcue; Diligent; Serengeti tracker
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a calm, pleasant attitude
- Strong work ethics and willingness to rollup sleeves, learn fast and take responsibility
- High level of discretion, maturity and confidentiality
- Ability to communicate clearly and comfortably with company directors, officers and staff; outside lawyers and other professionals; vendors; agencies; etc.
- Solid judgment in connection with various requests
- A team player who enjoys working collaboratively with others
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
COMPENSATION AND HOURS
Hours will generally be Monday - Friday 9:30 am to 5:30 pm, though scheduling is subject to change.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a benefits program which includes medical, dental, vision, STD, Life Insurance and a 401(k) Plan.
by Jobble* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...