Compensation: $115,530.00 - $170,900.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
We are a small, early stage team looking for great developers who want to jump in and take major systems and user-facing features from design to launch. Here's where we are now:
- We are cloud agnostic. Our services are mainly deployed within kubernetes provisioned with Terraform or Helm.
- Our backend includes a data ingestion web service with supporting Kafka consumers, along with a growing array of Spark projects. It s written mostly in Scala, with additional infrastructure written in Java/node. We use React as our front end framework of choice.
- Our frontend is written in React ontop of Node and a supporting API middleware running on Node also, and is deployed and monitored using much the same supporting tech as the backend, think Prometheus / Grafana
- Other services we use include: Clickhouse, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence.
Here are some examples of projects that we would like some help with:
- Interactive tools to help clients discover and action data they need to best accomplish their business objectives.
- Interactive tools to help profile and model first party data to maximize the yield from the data that they may wish to sell.
- Data analytics pipelines to load and drive the interactive report UIs. For example: reports for understanding media delivery, cross-device attribution and measurement
- Implementing additional infrastructure to support transactions for more types of data.
- Improving the latency and resource usage of our transaction processes.
The ideal candidate should:
- Thoroughly understand the HTTP lifecycle and how the browser interacts with web APIs.
- Enjoy building fast, user-friendly UIs.
- Not be afraid of contributing to the entire stack when the need arises, given that Frontend doesn t simply mean UI. For instance, a feature might require
some metrics to be computed from a Spark Report
tweaking permissions and scripts for deployment
You don t need to be an expert in all of our stack, but we are looking for someone with strong technical skills who is eager to pick up new technologies as necessary.
We are building a team with a hands on mindset, and as a result every team member is expected to have an ability to synthesize business requirements, distill the domain, contribute to high-level design documents, efficiently communicate asynchronously, and more generally work autonomously toward a shared vision.
Our engineering team is critical in developing solutions that enable our customers to realize their goals. We invest in modern tools and are not afraid to pursue bold new product ideas while continually investing in quality (code quality, tests, pull request reviews, refactoring ) is part of our strategy to sustainably maximize the business value we deliver.
We look forward to speaking with you.
Associated topics: .net, algorithm, backend, c++, perl, php, software developer, software engineer, software programmer, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...