Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Mission to Our Employees:
Teladoc Health is the global virtual care leader, offering the only comprehensive virtual care solution spanning telehealth, expert medical, and licensed platform services. Teladoc Health serves the world's leading insurers, employers, and health systems and helps millions of people around the world resolve their healthcare needs with confidence. We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Teladoc Health. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, values and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share with our clients.
What we are looking for:
Teladoc is seeking a motivated Mobile Engineer that will focus on developing and maintaining enterprise class mobile solutions to our existing online experience. This person will support the design, development, and maintenance of software solutions on mobile platforms.
What you will do:
- Build APIs and web applications using Ruby on Rails and Elixir that handle complex data models and state efficiently, while having great architectural design.
- Provide expertise to ensure informed technical decisions and direction for assigned projects/teams.
- Communicate plans, status, risks and issues to the team in a timely manner; document as needed.
- Aptly manage time to meet team demands and delegate technical execution or responsibilities when appropriate.
- Liaise directly with client-side technical experts as-needed.
- Consider business and technical needs in evaluating design solutions.
- Assist in testing produced work.
- Participate in the evolution of company level best practices, standards, and policies as it related to software development.
- Regularly work to improve the company's technical awareness, depth and use of technology across the business, including staying abreast of emerging technologies and readying the company for their use.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related, required; Master's degree in information technology or computer sciences preferred.
- 2- 5 years of post-graduate development experience required.
- Interested in and has some experience with Elixir/Phoenix.
- Experience with RSpec/MiniTest/Cucumber.
- Willingness to grow your experience and involvement in Elixir/OTP based services.
- Solid experience with automated build tools for continuous delivery like Jenkins.
- HTML/CSS knowledge
- Understands how to debug hard problems in HTTP, XHR, JSON, CORS, SSL, S3, etc.
- Has Basic Linux/Unix CLI knowledge.
- Working source code control (GitHub) knowledge.
- Familiar with spec driven development.
- Experience in a TDD environment and a preference for strong testing.
- Technically strong in and enthusiastic about backend systems and solid software architecture.
- Ability to see things from a user's point of view, and figure out the best system flow to implement requirements.
- Ability to debug and investigate performance and memory leak issues.
- Able to reduce complex requirements and user interaction flows into solid API designs.
- Good understanding of common architectural messaging/API patterns and pitfalls.
- Knowledge of other languages is a huge plus
- Very competitive salary & equity compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, vision coverage.
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution; immediately vested.
- Awesome people to work with.
- Becoming a part of a movement in telemedicine and building something that matters.
For a more detailed look at our company and values, visit our website at
At Teladoc Health we thrive on difference and individuality. Teladoc Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Loading some great jobs for you...