Geriatric Care Manager, Covering the Greater New York City Area FT or Per Diem
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
JOB SUMMARY: Geriatric Care Manager-Provides Care Management to individuals and families to provide assessment, coordination of services, resources and on-going monitoring and management to individuals in their home . This can include clients who are residents of Assisted Living or Nursing Facilities. In this role the Geriatric Care Manager should also have sales and marketing experience to promote growth and help penetrate the market for our services. Private duty experience and a
- Conducts Geriatric Assessment
- In-depth assessment of client physical, mental, bio-psychosocial status and needs.
- Assess Clients environment, financial assessment, social assessment.
- Completes Fall Risk Assessment, Mini-Mental Status Examination and Depression Screening.
- Identifies options to maintain independence, which includes comprehensive knowledge of community resources.
- Develops Plan of Care
- Works with family and individual to develop plan of care, meeting client needs in the least restrictive way.
- Ensures medical follow up and MD appointments.
- If Geriatric Care Manager is an RN, the following tasks can be performed:
- RN can pre- pour medication and provide medication management.
- RN can also assess vital signs.
- Works with client, family and Para-professional staff to implement plan of care, monitoring, reviewing and adjusting (as needed).
- Arranges and Coordinates all providers of service - this includes care coordination in addition to visiting with clients
- Coordinates all service needs, including, but not limited to: home health services, nutrition consultation, physical or occupational therapy.
- Collaborates with hospital admission and discharge planners; physicians and other medical providers; attorneys and financial planners); home repair and other services.
- Makes regular home visits to monitor client status and follow up calls to ensure services are in place Provides emotional support and counseling to the client and their family as needed to deal with the stress of caregiving.
- Educates and Advocates for the client in all venues.
- Provides ongoing monitoring of client and acts as a liaison for local and distant family.
- Provides on call coverage as needed.
- Documents all interactions and occurrences in Electronic Medical Record adhering to expectation that chart notes will be completed within 24 hours.
- Supports Administration and Solutions at Home:
- Discharges clients in Electronic Medical Record for team, assures team has full access to all data
- Maintains up-to-date census lists for management and team
- Provides problem solving support and consultation to Care Management team
- Works closely with Account Executive to meet new clients, families and referral sources
- Provides back-up support to the GCM team as needed
- Performs all other related duties as required.
- In this role the Geriatric Care Manager will help drive business and work with referral sources. Develops strong relationships with Community and professional organizations that will generate client referrals.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Geriatric Care Managers will be licensed Registered Nurses, Licensed Clinical or Master Level Social Worker A recognized designation in Care Management will be achieved within the first year of employment, (i.e.: NASW; NACCM)
- Minimum of 3 years working with the Geriatric population is required.
- Candidate will demonstrate independence, flexibility, responsiveness and good organizational skills
- Understanding and ability to deliver highest degree of customer focused Services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point
Loading some great jobs for you...