Desktop Support Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Customer Service/Call Center
Loading some great jobs for you...
- Enters, assigns and tracks service requests in the Cherwell ticketing system.
- Refers service issues to IT management and escalate issues when appropriate.
- Provides technical support and solves the basic and more advanced routine user hardware and software problems or questions including desktop computer hardware and software and enterprise system software and network infrastructure.
- Provides professional, courteous, prompt and accurate support and solutions to users.
- Communicates, analyzes and troubleshoots routine user problems and provides proper solutions or remedies.
- Properly documents problem ticket into Cherwell ticketing System.
- Assists IT Department in providing users feedbacks and user statistics.
- Establishes priorities on Help Desk tickets based on established helpdesk and departmental guidelines and procedures.
- Follow up and communicate ticket information to users when appropriate.
- Administers new user accounts, passwords, and privileges/rights as assigned and directed by IT Management.
- Assists with desktop and laptop imagining and installation as needed.
- Performs inventory of equipment as needed.
- Assists in the operations of enterprise systems and upgrade as needed.
- Follows help desk and IT policy guidelines and operating procedures.
- Work closely with helpdesk Manager and other IT staff to acquire additional technical and nontechnical knowledge.
- Performs Help Desk Technician I and II duties.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Completion of an Associate s Degree from an accredited college in computer science, computer information systems or a related field; or an equivalent combination of training and relevant work experience may be substituted for training/experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Two (2) years of increasingly responsible experience performing help desk/operations.
- Knowledge of principles and operations of computer systems, network infrastructure and related peripheral equipment.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot user s problems via the telephone.
- Ability to maintain knowledge of current technology and able to learn new technology.
- Ability to communicate professionally, accurately and effectively, both verbal and written, as well as on the telephone.
- Ability to understand and respond to user questions in an effective and courteous manner.
- Ability to convey technical procedures and directions in layman s terms.
- Proficiency with operating systems, including Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 and Mac operating systems.
- Proficiency in the operation and use of personal computers, utilizing word processing,
- spreadsheet, and database management software programs (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite 2007-2016, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.), the Internet browser, websites and e-mail systems and Office 365.
- Possess advanced knowledge and understanding of networking and personal computer hardware.
- Must have the ability to lift a minimum of 25lbs, sit or stand for long periods of time throughout the work day.
- 1 -3 years of increasingly responsible experience performing advance help desk/ operations functions.
- Bachelor s Degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, computer information systems, or a related field.
- A+ and/or Network + certification and other industry recognized network certifications.
Associated topics: front desk, information technology analyst, network, pc, service, support specialist, systems administrator, technical support specialist, technician, technician ii
Loading some great jobs for you...