Employment Type: Full-Time
Position: Buyer I
Location: Syracuse, NY
Job Id: 4847
# of Openings: 1
Scope: Manage supplier sources for specific commodities & /or production programs. Review and act upon material requirements by negotiating pricing and delivery while ensuring a positive supplier relationship with the supply base. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Place orders for assigned commodities.
- Enter purchase order information into the management information system.
- Print purchase orders and obtain signatures for high dollar purchases.
- Negotiate purchase order prices and terms and conditions to meet cost saving targets.
- Monitor inventory levels of assigned commodities to minimize inventory levels.
- Follow up on delivery commitments obtained from suppliers.
- Expedite material deliveries for production shortages or production schedule changes.
- Obtain price quotes from suppliers for new programs.
- Provide delivery status to production for open purchases orders.
- Inform suppliers of schedule changes in a timely manner.
- Communicate engineering changes to suppliers in a timely manner.
- Review supplier statement of work (SOW) documents.
- Participate in supplier manufacturing readiness reviews (MRR) audits.
- Prepare & negotiate long term pricing agreements with preferred suppliers.
- Identify critical links in assigned commodity supply chains. Implement process improvements to strengthen weak links in those supply chains.
- Contribute to department cost savings initiatives.
- Work to develop customer relationships through collaboration, respect, professionalism, trust and integrity.
- Listen to and understand customer requirements and take prompt, appropriate action that exceeds expectation.
- Take personal ownership of internal and external customer issues and follow through to ensure a lasting service impression.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Required to execute the department's inventory reduction initiatives Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong communication, computer and analytical skills
- Hands-on knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (specifically Microsoft Word & Excel).
- Previous experience in the global sourcing of electronic components
- Excellent negotiating skills
- An in depth understanding of product costing attributes
- The ability to solve problems independently
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- Must have the ability to execute supplier volume pricing agreements.
- Must demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of purchasing computer applications.
- Experience in the purchasing of electronic components, raw materials and/or chemicals purchasing experience.Education and Experience: Associates Degree Degree Field: Business, Finance or related equivalent technical degree0-2 Years Relevant Experience Purchasing experience in defense electronics or related industry. Must comply with TTM Export Control Policies and Procedures and all applicable laws including ITAR, EAR and OFAC including but not limited to: a) being able to identify ITAR product on the manufacturing floor and understand that access to these products and related technical data is restricted to only US Citizens and US Permanent Residents; b) recognition of Foreign Person visitors by badge differentiation; c) understand and follow authorization procedures for bringing foreign visitors into facilities (VAL); d) understand the Export and ITAR requirements for shipments leaving the US; e) manage vendor approvals for ITAR manufacturing and services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Loading some great jobs for you...