Facility Maintenance Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position: Facility Maintenance Technician
Location: Syracuse, NY
Job Id: 5262
# of Openings: 1
Performs advanced electrical, plumbing, carpentry and HVAC repair including preventative maintenance duties with minimum supervision. Ability to read blue prints and schematics while trouble shooting and complex issues, maintain database for equipment and systems records and respond to work order request. Works with minimal or no supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the installation/modification of the equipment and systems following manufactures specifications and established testing procedures to ensure proper working order.
- Trouble shoots equipment malfunctions and takes corrective action.
- Company liaison with equipment suppliers.
- Establishes preventative maintenance schedules as per equipment manufacturer's specifications and systems to include periodic inspections.
- Maintains database regarding work orders and equipment repair requests.
- Recommend changes and enhancements to procedures, and equipment to result in more efficient operations. Report any problems, defective materials, questionable conditions or unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Comply with Affirmative Action/EEO regulations, as well as, with company employment and safety policies
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be able to read, interpret, and communicate company policies and procedures to others.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to interact effectively with supervisors, co-workers, and service providers.
- Must have good computer skills (including email and Lotus Notes)
- Must be able to operate simple test equipment.
- Capable of performing complex electrical, plumbing, carpentry and HVAC repair and maintenance duties.
- Ability to trouble shoot and fix complex problems associated with above skill sets
- Ability to complete projects in timely manner.
- Ability to train others.
- Must be able to climb ladders and lift heavy material on a regular basis.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent; Associate or Trade School Degree preferred; HVAC Certification preferred.
- 6-8 Years Relevant Experience. Experience in manufacturing setting, including basic electrical, plumbing, carpentry, PLC and machine repair. Works under limited supervision.Export Statement:
Must comply with TTM Export Control Policies and Procedures and all applicable laws including ITAR, EAR and OFAC including but not limited to: a) being able to identify ITAR product on the manufacturing floor and understand that access to these products and related technical data is restricted to only US Citizens and US Permanent Residents; b) recognition of Foreign Person visitors by badge differentiation; c) understand and follow authorization procedures for bringing foreign visitors into facilities (VAL); d) understand the Export and ITAR requirements for shipments leaving the US; e) manage vendor approvals for ITAR manufacturing and services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Loading some great jobs for you...