Helpdesk Tech II - Temp
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position: Helpdesk Tech II - Temp
Location: Syracuse, NY
Job Id: 5564
# of Openings: 1
SCOPEProvide first-line support on IT hardware, software, and systems for on-site and remote employees. The ideal candidate must have a good understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology. Superior technical aptitude, strong written and oral communications skills and the ability to deal effectively with people are key success factors for this position. Proven ability to operate in extreme high pressure situations, handle multiple priorities and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible. Top-quality customer service skills in dealing with all levels in a team environment; display patience and have a sense of humor. Will perform a variety of complex tasks and may lead or direct work of others. A reasonable degree of latitude and creativity is required with only some level of supervision. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Configure LAN and network devices' software.
- Install new equipment, cabling and network devices.Manage and administer LAN.Document LAN and network devices configurations.Optimize performance of LAN and Network Devices.
- Handle user issues and perform help desk functions.Install and upgrade PC and network device hardware.
- Develop and document installation and upgrade plan.
- Prepare the site and develop the work plan for the installation.Remove old equipment and cabling.
- Troubleshoot problems.
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment.
- Set up daily, weekly and monthly backups.
- Handle restore requests.
- Investigate and recommend hardware/software options.
- Initiate and approve purchasing of hardware and software.
- Work to develop customer relationships through collaboration, respect, professionalism, trust and integrity.
- Listen to understand customer requirements and take prompt appropriate action that exceeds expectations.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:Associates Degree in Computer Technology or equivalent4+ years related computer operation experience. Familiarity with a variety of field concepts, practices, and procedures is required. Must comply with TTM Export Control Policies and Procedures and all applicable laws including ITAR, EAR and OFAC. b) Reinforce to all employees the commitment of TTM management to abide by all US Export laws and regulations. c) Understand and follow authorization procedures for bringing foreign visitors into facilities (VAL). d) Support Export Compliance Officers and others in their efforts to ensure compliance with the Corporate Export policies through implementation and enforcement of these procedures, provide training to all facilities and departments and support periodic audits as required. e) Provide feedback to Corporate Export Compliance Office for continuous improvement of procedures and overall Export Compliance program.
Loading some great jobs for you...