Employment Type: Full-Time
Position: Master Scheduler
Location: Syracuse, NY
Job Id: 6327
# of Openings: 1
Responsible for the integration of sales forecast information, manufacturing capacity and vendor capability into a master (manufacturing) production schedule that strives to meet customers current and future delivery requirements while maintaining prudent inventory levels in support of working capital goals. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare master schedules based on inputs from sales force, Inside Sales, customers, and sales history that will meet expected demand levels and conform to available capacity and manpower.
- Interact with all levels of employees to include shop floor, supervisors, Sales Force, General Managers, Process Engineers, Project Engineers and Purchasing on a regular basis.
- Identify capacity overloads to appropriate manufacturing managers and supervisors based on expected demands.
- Provide training to production planners on ERP system.
- Provide delivery quotes as requested by Sales.
- Monitor weekly MRP runs and assist with resolution of errors.
- Communicate significant shifts in demand to the rest of the organization to ensure proper urgency is applied to the change throughout the organization.
- Update MPSP database as required to reflect best data available in regards to forecast, lead times, safety stock and deliveries that consider both customer service and inventory goals that have been established by management. Ensure supporting systems are properly updated and reflect desired output.
- Ability to research planning tools and techniques that can be applied to evolving business needs.
- Establish inventory goals for major programs that meet business goals and track performance.
- Listen to and understand customer requirements and take prompt, appropriate action that exceeds expectations.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Work with Contracts and Project Engineering to review new orders to establish base line master production schedules and set planning factors.
- Manage end of life programs and adjust the master production schedule to minimize excess and obsolete material, report results to management.Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills, specifically Excel.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Significant experience scheduling and planning in ERP/MRP environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Good understanding of inventory control systemsEducation and Experience:Education: Bachelors Degree Business or Supply Chain
Experience: 6-8 Years relevant experience in a manufacturing and planning environment demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Loading some great jobs for you...