Mechanical Engineer Co-Op (Spring)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position: Mechanical Engineer Co-Op (Spring)
Location: Syracuse, NY
Job Id: 4221
# of Openings: 1
BROAD FUNCTION: Conduct testing and experience as defined by Mechanical Engineers. Inspect material (mechanical measurements) using Calipers, Micrometers and optical comparatorPRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- CMM.Assist in data collection and organization for Research.
- CAD detailing support.
- Generate 3-D models in Mechanical Desktop and/or Inventor for FEA Analysis.
- Perform Hand Calculation Thermal Analysis on products for the Wireless Business Unit using MathCAD software for analysis work.
- Perform FEA Simulations on products for the Space/Defense Business Unit
Using Cosmos/DesignStar FEA software REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Enrolled in Mechanical Engineering program.
- Must have completed the following courses:
- Physics (I & II)
- Material Science
- Desired have completed the following courses:
- Heat Transfer
- Fluid Mechanics
- Machine Design
- Good interpersonal skills
- Computer skills needed: MS Word, MS Excel, Mechanical Desktop, Inventor, MathCAD, DesignStar and have the ability to work independentlyAdditional Requirements: 'Must be eligible to work on defense and satellite programs subject to ITAR Regulations. Therefore, candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident ('Green Card').'
Loading some great jobs for you...