Mechanical Engineer Intern (Spring)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position: Mechanical Engineer Intern (Spring)
Location: Syracuse, NY
Job Id: 6305
# of Openings: 1
Scope: Utilize and enhance analysis tools. Conduct testing as defined by Mechanical Engineers. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use LabVIEW & Matlab to control a test system and the collection and analysis of data.
- Enhance testing using LabView and Matlab programming and by implementing new design elements.
- Create software routines used for quality control.
- Enhance image analysis techniques
- Assist with other laboratory duties.
- Perform thermal analyses. Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Enrolled in Mechanical Engineering program
- Must have completed the following courses:
- All core Mech Eng Courses
- Experimental Analysis
- LabVIEW programing
- Matlab programming
- Desired to have completed the following courses:
- Heat Transfer
- Fluid Mechanics
- Machine Design
- Numerical Analysis / Finite Element Analysis
- Good interpersonal skills
- Computer skills needed: LabVIEW, Matlab, Programming (C#, Java, SQL, C++, or other),MS Office, 3D CAD (Solidworks or Inventor)
- Have the ability to work independentlyEducation and Experience:
- Enrolled in Mechanical Engineering program Export Statement: Must comply with TTM Export Control Policies and Procedures and all applicable laws including ITAR, EAR and OFAC including but not limited to: a) being able to identify ITAR product on the manufacturing floor and understand that access to these products and related technical data is restricted to only US Citizens and US Permanent Residents; b) recognition of Foreign Person visitors by badge differentiation; c) understand and follow authorization procedures for bringing foreign visitors into facilities (VAL); d) understand the Export and ITAR requirements for shipments leaving the US; e) manage vendor approvals for ITAR manufacturing and services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Loading some great jobs for you...