Process Engineer I
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position: Process Engineer I
Location: Syracuse, NY
Job Id: 6085
# of Openings: 1
The Process Engineer I position is responsible for support of current design and manufacturing of electronic assemblies through the development and implementation of manufacturing processes. Under direct supervision, assist in routine activities for the development and implementation of process techniques in manufacturing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and resolve manufacturing problems while maintaining quality standards through engineering methodology, data collection and analysis of statistical metrics.
- Interface with design teams, customers, technicians, production personnel and support staff.
- Participate in continuous improvement training and activities such as Kaizen and 5S teams.
- Continuously improve manual and automated production processes
- Participate in concurrent design for manufacturability activities.
- Develop, document, maintain, and standardize production floor processes and procedures to facilitate production
- Execute capital equipment projects including market analysis, selection, procurement justification, and implementation.
- Comply with and support all department and corporate policies and procedures, included but not limited to safety, security, ESD and OSHA guidelines.
- Organize and manage multiple projects & tasks to assure high quality and timely service to all internal and external customers.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Follows detailed direction to prepare changes, additions, and modifications which will facilitate manufacturing.
- Reviews product requirements with design staff to ensure compatibility of processing techniques.
- Compiles and evaluates test data to determine appropriate limits and variables for process or material specifications.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Experience with mechanical assembly
Experience in tool & fixture design
Strong computer skills. Specifically with MS Office and MS Excel.
Experience with statistical analysis.
Ability to effectively convey pertinent information verbally and in writing to project team and others in a constructive manner.
Familiar with structured problem solving and can effectively participate in root cause analysis.
Actively pursues opportunities to expand job-related knowledge
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Degree Field: Engineering
Required Work Experience: 0-2 Years Relevant Experience
Experience in mechanical process development, process engineering support or mechanical engineering field.
Loading some great jobs for you...