Employment Type: Full-Time
Position: Production Supervisor
Location: Syracuse, NY
Job Id: 4618
# of Openings: 1
Responsible for overall supervision and coordination of the assigned area. Plans, organizes, and accomplishes the daily, weekly, monthly and annual goals for assigned area with regard to safety, quality, productivity, on time delivery, and cost performance. Monitors quantitative performance metrics and takes corrective actions as required to attain goals established by the Manufacturing Manager. Creates an environment where employees are motivated and rewarded for achieving high levels of performance. Applies appropriate structured problem solving methods and techniques to improve performance of assigned area. Supports new product and process development by providing resources and manufacturability input to ensure robust and efficient methods are introduced into production. Responsible for contributing to the achievement of total customer satisfaction by providing high quality and timely service to all internal and external customers. Duties and Responsibilities:
Supervise the Production:1. Supervise various personnel related activities such as Time & Attendance, Staffing, Employee Relations, Training and Performance Appraisals.2. Partner with Planners, Master Scheduler, and Team Leaders to facilitate execution of the manufacturing schedule.3. Partner with HR to lead the hiring process for new production personnel4. Develop and mentor personnel by providing coaching, guidance and training. Develops training materials and aides5. Ensure adequate assembly capacity and utilization using quantitative analysis6. Provide employee training on safety and the proper handling of hazardous waste and chemicals. Proactively supports a safe work environment by identifying and resolving risk ands monitoring personnel to ensure all safety precautions are in place and being followed.7. Develop, Compile and communicate department reports, metrics and measures8. Resolves or escalates issues in a timely manner; often times involving Manufacturing Manager.9. Leads daily work areas huddles/white board meetings Process Management:1. Ensure that product quality and reliability are maintained throughout the production processes.2. Lead the identification and resolution of production issues. Through the MRB and other processes, works with other departments such as quality, design engineering , process engineering, supply chain, and test engineering to perform root cause analysis and to develop, validate and implement solutions with minimal impact on production3. Utilize department resources to collect, analyze and communicate product and/or program performance data.4. Develop, communicate and maintain design for manufacturability guidelines and standards for assembly.5. Partner with engineering to develop robust implementation plans for new processes & products.6. Initiate and support process improvement activities in support of departmental goals and objectives.7. Ensures appropriate preventative maintenance process and procedures are in place a and followed.8. May handle hazardous waste as outlined in departmental work instructions. The following RCRA training is required on initial hire and on an annual basis thereafter: Introduction to RCRA, Properties of Facility Waste, Waste Minimization Accumulation, Container Management, and Emergency Response Plan.9. Ensures assigned areas are knowledgeable and compliant with AS9100 Quality Systems SOP's.10. Establishes a culture of process discipline where manufacturing processes are understood and followed consistently by production personnel. Continuous Improvement:1. Drives 5S disciplines throughout production areas.2. Creates a work environment where employee engagement and participation in improvement projects is expected and encouraged.3. Provides training and mentorship to team members for CI activities.4. Develop, compile and communicate department improvement plans.5. Participate in larger scope improvement tasks as reviewed and approved by management. General:
- Complies with and supports all department and corporate policies and procedures, included but not limited to Affirmative Action/EEO regulations, safety, security, ESD, FOD, OSHA and the Code of Ethics and Business Conduct..
- Takes personal ownership of internal and external customer issues and follows through
- Takes full responsibility for assigned projects and tasks.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities. Leverages each member's strengths and creates a motivating environment for their team to achieve desired results. Able to communicate goals and inspire the organization to achieve them. Provides clear, frequent direction to subordinates, and support functions, in support of production goals.
- Strong customer service and quality orientation
- Capable of developing and executing effective plans with assistance from Manufacturing Manager; identifying obstacles and issues and communicating to get things resolved.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and coordinate continuous improvement projects that utilize methods and techniques such as: SPC, 5S, Standardized Work, Fishbone Diagrams, Kanban, JIT, Kaizen, and Poke-Yoke.
- Ability to participate in improvement initiatives and mentor others in the effective application of quantitative/structured problem solving techniques and methods.
- Ability to understand operation and key performance parameters, as well as the processes and materials used to manufacture responsible products.
- Able to guide teams to resolve routine issues with minimal oversight. Identifies barriers and involves appropriate resources to resolve issues.
- Able to tolerate stress and maintain effectiveness and a positive work environment in a fast paced production environment with multiple priorities
- Able to learn and utilize computer systems to perform assigned work.
- Develop a culture that promotes positive employee relations. Education and Experience:
Associate Degree in a Technical Field10 Years Experience Minimum. Certificates Green Belt or LEAN Must comply with TTM Export Control Policies and Procedures and all applicable laws including ITAR, EAR and OFAC. b) Reinforce to all employees the commitment of TTM management to abide by all US Export laws and regulations. c) Understand and follow authorization procedures for bringing foreign visitors into facilities (VAL). d) Support Export Compliance Officers and others in their efforts to ensure compliance with the Corporate Export policies through implementation and enforcement of these procedures, provide training to all facilities and departments and support periodic audits as required. e) Provide feedback to Corporate Export Compliance Office for continuous improvement of procedures and overall Export Compliance program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Loading some great jobs for you...