Employment Type: Full-Time
Position: Quality Technician
Location: Syracuse, NY
Job Id: 6160
# of Openings: 1
Responsible for providing a wide range of Quality Engineering support for the TTM Anaren Microelectronic business in Syracuse. This role requires a hands-on, cross-functional problem solving focus with an ability to work with technical product/process requirements associated with microelectronic devices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a solid working knowledge of the Quality requirements associated with the incoming inspection of microelectronic materials and components as defined by customer/industry standards such as MIL-PRF-38534, Mil-Std-883, IPC/J-Stds, etc. Provide training and guidance to incoming inspection personnel regarding product and process compliance to established requirements and procedures and support technical decisions and problem solving with respect to these technical requirements.
- Provide support for the activities required to maintain certifications/approvals for the AS9100 Quality Management System (QMS) and MIL-PRF-38534 industry standards including:
- Element evaluations, material qualifications, QML/QCI testing
- Non-conforming material review and disposition; scrap material processing
- Product failure analysis, investigations, containment, root cause corrective action
- First Article Inspection
- ESD equipment verifications, work area compliance assessments
- Pre-seal photo capture
- Non-destructive testing; X-ray, acoustic imaging
- Effectively carry-out Quality activities in order to:
- provide high quality products and compliant data items to customers within scheduled dates
- ensure compliance to customer and industry requirements
- develop effective controls/solutions to improve product quality (rework, scrap, warranty escapes)
- Maintain a willingness to challenge established ways of doing things in a constructive way.
- Comply with and support company policies and programs regarding safety, security, ISO, OSHA and the Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to gain a working knowledge of microelectronic product requirements (MIL-PRF-38534, MIL-STD-883, drawings, procedures); ability to apply knowledge to microelectronic manufacturing and inspection operations is essential.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills; professional and capable in various people interaction situations.
- Ability to learn and use various visual/measurement equipment (microscope, camera, calipers, CMM, x-ray, acoustic scanning, product delidding, etc).
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and make quality decisions without negative impact on others.
- Experience with computer systems/software: MS Outlook, Word, Excel, ERP system transactions.
Education and Experience:
Associates Degree Preferred
Required Work Experience: 1-2 Years Relevant Experience
Previous work experience. Knowledge of quality procedures and ability to troubleshoot and analyze problems.
Must comply with TTM Export Control Policies and Procedures and all applicable laws including ITAR, EAR and OFAC including but not limited to: a) being able to identify ITAR product on the manufacturing floor and understand that access to these products and related technical data is restricted to only US Citizens and US Permanent Residents; b) recognition of Foreign Person visitors by badge differentiation.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Loading some great jobs for you...