Employment Type: Full-Time
Position: RF/Microwave Engineer
Location: Syracuse, NY
Job Id: 5012
# of Openings: 1
We are hiring RF/Microwave Engineers who will be assisting with the design of RF and microwave circuits. Under direct supervision, the Engineer will be responsible for the design and simulation of components/circuits from a specification. He/She will work with RF Engineering to understand basic microwave component theory and practical realization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and evaluate components and lay-out design using available design and layout tools
- Work with RF engineering to understand basic microwave component theory and practical realization
- Design, and evaluate test circuits correlating expected performance with test results, presenting results
- Work independently or within a team environment to meet project schedules
- Prepare and present presentation for preliminary design review, performance of simulated model and tolerances
- Review artwork before designs are built
- Work with interns, test engineering, and engineering technicians on specific program tasks including test procedures development, test station development and data reduction software
- Evaluate data related to test results and work with the team to implement changes to meet requirements
- Provide support once design is in production
- Create and provide reports to engineering on component evaluations
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- A basic understanding and strong interest of microwave theory
- Ability to design experiments, analyze the data and conduct structured problem solving
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills to document technical specifications and prepare application notes
- Basic understanding of AutoCAD, HFSS, and other circuit simulation and modeling tools
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- Strong computer skills, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Matlab
- Actively pursues opportunities to expand job-related knowledge
- Able to juggle multiple tasks and make quality decisions without negative impact on others
- Executes on program plans and priorities, identifies obstacles and issues and communicates to achieve resolution for assigned tasks
- Participates and works well with a cross-functional team to achieve desired results
- Must have the ability to effectively convey pertinent information verbally and in writing to others in a constructive manner
- Resolves routine issues and escalates other issues to the appropriate individual in a timely manner
- Ability to work effectively in a cross functional team environment, limited to no customer interface
Education and Experience:
- Master of Science Degree - Electrical Engineering
- 0-2 years of relevant experience. Must be a US Citizen eligible for a U.S. Government security clearance.
Must comply with TTM Export Control Policies and Procedures and all applicable laws including ITAR, EAR and OFAC including but not limited to: a) being able to identify ITAR product on the manufacturing floor and understand that access to these products and related technical data is restricted to only US Citizens and US Permanent Residents; b) recognition of Foreign Person visitors by badge differentiation; c) understand and follow authorization procedures for bringing foreign visitors into facilities (VAL); d) understand the Export and ITAR requirements for shipments leaving the US; e) manage vendor approvals for ITAR manufacturing and services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Loading some great jobs for you...