Sr. Electrical Engineering Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position: Sr. Electrical Engineering Technician
Location: Syracuse, NY
Job Id: 5073
# of Openings: 1
Scope: Provide technical and logistical leadership and support to the engineering and production personnel. This may include: involvement in engineering prototype development, product transition and product support functions, production support, process improvement, yield improvement, as well as various engineering product and process related projects. Responsible for leading and/or facilitating larger teams and more complex projects. Work with little or minimal supervision, and provide supervision to others to perform the following duties. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and setup test equipment and perform testing and troubleshooting of products and/or systems.
- Build, test and evaluate breadboard circuits with detailed instructions'
- Troubleshoot and solve problems on equipment and lead root cause and corrective actions
- Initiate, lead, and perform the writing and maintenance of test procedures and support documentation.
- Collect, analyze and interpret data to ensure products meet specifications. Take detailed notes on configuration of experiments, data, deviation from expected results and changes to schematics as they occur
- Initiate the setup of special equipment and conduct tests to accomplish project goals
- Instruct test personnel on the proper use of standard and special equipment and provide technical support, training and guidance as required for engineering technicians and testers.
- Take detailed and accurate notes on configuration of experiments, data, deviation from expected results and changes to the product baseline as they occur.
- Lead efforts with other functions such as design engineering, project engineering, and manufacturing to keep technical information updated and accurate.
- Initiate and perform qualification, verification and validation for new products and procedures, and changes to existing products procedures
- Review and correct drawings of parts and assemblies using CAD programs, including mechanical or electrical drawings.
- Perform data collection and analysis to monitor relevant trends, and initiate action
- Provide necessary disposition of material (MRB) per standard procedures as required.
- Work to develop professional relationships through collaboration, respect, professionalism, trust and integrity.
- Listen to and understand customer/supervisor requirements, goals and concerns and take prompt, appropriate action
- Comply with and support company policies and programs regarding safety, security, ISO, EEO, OSHA
- Support customer delivery commitments through continuing communication and problem resolutionEssential Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have demonstrated ability to read and analyze complex schematics, and initiate changes or 'take froms' for new projects (analog, digital, RF etc.)
- Must have the ability to train others and work as a member of inter-disciplinary teams.
- Must have excellent PC skills, proficiency in the use of most Windows based software. This includes, but is not limited to Word, AutoCAD, Excel, and other standard programs.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to collect, interpret and present data to supervisor or project leader, management, or customer high level of structured problem solving and analytical skills strong analytical thinker, very task oriented.Education and Experience: Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering 6-8 Years Relevant Experience
Must comply with TTM Export Control Policies and Procedures and all applicable laws including ITAR, EAR and OFAC including but not limited to: a) being able to identify ITAR product on the manufacturing floor and understand that access to these products and related technical data is restricted to only US Citizens and US Permanent Residents; b) recognition of Foreign Person visitors by badge differentiation.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status
Loading some great jobs for you...